Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 930T Unboxing & Comparisons With 720T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 930T Unboxing & Comparisons With 720T
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Assist Feature - Very Hit and Miss implementation & Farm Track Navigation!!

After getting about 1k miles under the belt on the 930T here are a few observations

First Lane Assist, (The Still images displayed at Motorway junctions). Did they just toss a coin when decidinding which to include

EG : M1 Jnc 27 YES - Jnc 28 NO - Jnc 29 YES (all standard simple single lane exits).

And one that really amazed me, M25 Anticlock exit M1 NOT ON!! This is one of those junctions that tends to catch people out and is not on the system! I find it stunning they did not bother with junctions like that

TRAFFIC ROUTING ISSUES (Using GPRS Traffic)

Yesterday returning from London up the M1 about 11.30pm got warning of the normal agro just before M1 Jnc 10 down to 1 lane, showing a 30 min delay, Traffic Rerouted off at Jnc9, I assumed as per the 920 this was routing up the A5 to rejoin the M1 BUT NO.. I routed off the M1 across the roundabout and up a single track farm lane crossing under and back the M1, started to panic when I saw some big red signs "Access To M1 Widening Structure Only" about 2 miles in, but it whipped down another farm track and got itselft back ahead of the traffic at M1 Jnc10, I cannot understand why it did not use the normal A5 reroute, and I would hate to have taken the single track farm route at a time when there could have been any opposing traffic. But it did avoid the 30min delay.

Here is a the route is decided was the best available -

The Image below shows 2 routes,

The one to the left up the A5 to Dunstable and back to M1 Jnc 11 was the reroute sugestion from Richard's TT 920 (Using GPRS)

The one on the right up the farm tracks and cabbage munching and back to M1 Jnc 10 was the reroute suggestion from my TT 930 (And the one I took!!), My Fiesta was touching the hedges on both sides of the track at some points, anything larger and you would have needed a strimmer on the bonnet to get through

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky wrote:
The one on the right up the farm tracks and cabbage munching and back to M1 Jnc 10 was the reroute suggestion from my TT 930 (And the one I took!!), My Fiesta was touching the hedges on both sides of the track at some points, anything larger and you would have needed a strimmer on the bonnet to get through
Thank you, thank you Vicky. I very much needed a smile this morning and you're it.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you, thank you Vicky. I very much needed a smile this morning and you're it.

You are most welcome, sometimes people laugh with me othertimes they laugh at me, but as long as it gives a laugh thats the main thing.
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,

What version of North America data came loaded on your 930?
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toneloc427 wrote:
Vicky,

Unfortunately the version with Bush at the helm. Laughing
Vicky will confirm Toneloc but i am sure the one shipped with the 930 is 7.15 too.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it will be a version 8 map?
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course Andy, i was flicking through the TomTom site and by default it goes to the 920 even if you tell it you are in france (for Pixmania customers) and as it does not support the 930 yet you get 7.15.
No doubt Vicky will fill us in.
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesP2008 wrote:

Vicky will confirm Toneloc but i am sure the one shipped with the 930 is 7.15 too.

Quite unfortunate, indeed. At least it's only a few more months now until we get a replacement. Of course I have my favorite, but any one of his three potential replacements would be a MAJOR improvement.
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,

Have there been any changes/improvements to the 930's implementation of Bluetooth audio? I found it very odd that, on the x20, you could stream audio over BT (assuming you found one of the very rare head units that the x20 would pair with) but all hands-free calling aspects were dealt with over the appalling internal speaker.

I hoped (what a fool, laugh at him one and all) that Tomtom might have improved this, given how prevalent the use of BT has become (fess up girls and guys, who walks around the supermarket with a headset talking to someone while buying soap powder...?).

I would take the 930 now, even with all the issues, if it had better ability to pair with audio devices so that I could access the 8gb of classic rock on my SDHC card, and could also passthrough the audio from calls from my mobile to my BT enabled car stereo.

Regards

David
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weelogic wrote:
Vicky,

Have there been any changes/improvements to the 930's implementation of Bluetooth audio? I found it very odd that, on the x20, you could stream audio over BT (assuming you found one of the very rare head units that the x20 would pair with) but all hands-free calling aspects were dealt with over the appalling internal speaker.

I hoped (what a fool, laugh at him one and all) that Tomtom might have improved this, given how prevalent the use of BT has become (fess up girls and guys, who walks around the supermarket with a headset talking to someone while buying soap powder...?).

I would take the 930 now, even with all the issues, if it had better ability to pair with audio devices so that I could access the 8gb of classic rock on my SDHC card, and could also passthrough the audio from calls from my mobile to my BT enabled car stereo.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Sorry to dissapoint, the BLuetooth capability and phone compatibility, all seem the same as they were on the last firmware release of the *20 Not an Iota of difference

TO TONELOC.

Check your PM,s I have just sent you a screengrab of the route your requested.

Cheers
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesP2008 wrote:
Toneloc427 wrote:
Vicky,

NO Its V800

PNA Data Below

ID=North_America.pna

build=1762
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky wrote:
Sorry to dissapoint, the BLuetooth capability and phone compatibility, all seem the same as they were on the last firmware release of the *20 Not an Iota of difference

Thanks Vicky, sigh...
flanker01
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this afternoon, installed the v 2.3.0.0.70 home software, but even after assurance from Tomtom tech support that the 'simon and Kate' voices will now work with this fix - no joy!
I can get normal recorded voices to work, and can 'install' computer voices which are hidden in a seperate folder... But still no UK computerised voices!

my pc now recognises my 930T as a 730 which is an improvement over the XL it kept telling me I had - but come on, these are stupid bugs that should have been sorted LONG before the unit was shipped!!! Or are tomtom now using micorsoft tech support as a role model???

Any suggestions/help appreciated

Regards

Paul
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flanker01 wrote:
I have this afternoon, installed the v 2.3.0.0.70 home software

Any suggestions/help appreciated

Buy yourself a Microsoft Sat Nav! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Anybody got any idea how many versions we've had of Home 2 in how many weeks? 2.x.y.z.a.b.c - what's wrong with 2, then 3, then 4? Or would that mean we're up to six figures by now? Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should run a book Dennis, what will work first, Home or TMC.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: