Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - One V3 - Itinerary Planning = Reboots
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

One V3 - Itinerary Planning = Reboots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: One V3 - Itinerary Planning = Reboots Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just got a One V3 today specifically for the bike, got a mount, got 'Tyre' for excellent route planning only to find itinerary planning has gone. After a little bit of searching I found the customised menu trick to get it working again. Everything went fine, the menu system changed as expected but when selecting Itinerary Planner it just sits for a while then the device reboots. Any ideas? Could it be because of the version update I did to 8.01?

This wee purchase will have been a total waste of money unless I can get itinerary planning working.

Cheers.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read in one of the other fora that TT has disabled the customised menu trick in v8.10. If so and you desparately need iterinary planning then you wiull need to revert to v7.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hack to put itinerary planning on the One Third Edition will work fine running Navcore 7 software, if you update to Navcore 8 it simply won't work as TomTom have removed the Itinerary function from the application fully this time (your choice, changable car icons with vs 8 or Itinerary running vs7 + hack)
Put you backup on the device and use version 7 software, this way you will get the functionality you want - Mike
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Bit of a problem though, as Home does the update checking thing first, I updated to version 8, got the latest map and sorted out all my speed camera stuff before backing it up. I don't have version 7 to restore. Sad Is there another way?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is, but you need to have a reasonable level of confidence with moving files around manually before you try it.

Can I suggest you read the "Tom Tom FAQs" sticky post in this forum section, and make a full WINDOWS EXPLORER backup before you go any further.
This will do two things.... First, it gives you a trustworthy backup should anything go wrong (DO NOT trust Home to make your backups) and second, it will give you some practice in opening up the TT storage on the PC and moving stuff around with Explorer.

Once you're happy, come back and someone can walk you through a manual install of the v7 files.
chh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Help needed to a manual install of the v7 files Reply with quote

Just like a previous poster I lost the abiltity to use the itinerary planning after my unit was automatically upgraded.

I've learned from my mistakes and have made a backup of the unit.

Now I'd like to find a way to manually go back to the v7 files to restore the itineray planning feature.

Thanks for the excellent help I've found in this forum.

Charlie
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backup now sorted. In terms of confidence, I'm no expert but I have built a few PCs in my time, configured IPAQs and recovered from the jaws of windows disaster many times! I even still like to use DOS. Moving a few files around should be fine, the main question I have is where to find them!

Ready, willing and hopefully able.....
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a bit more reading I presume via something like this:

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_7.221.8572.gox20.cab

I managed to get a version 7 but i presume for TomTom Go X20.

Does the One follow the same format?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, connect the device to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as it isn't needed for this first part.
Start Windows Explorer and locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom, click it to open this. When you have first opened the drive letter you are in the "Root" of the drive, you will see a number of folders and files, delete the files but DO NOT touch any of the folders.
Start TomTom Home and ask it to check for updates, it should download and install version 7 for your device - Mike
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Mike, that seems like a much easier way! The detective in me couldn't help but have a search around. I managed to suss out the TomTom cab nomenclature and downloaded this:

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_7.162.8492.one-onev3.cab

After extracting that and copying it to the device root, voila version 7. I then repeated the SkdRegistry TomTom.mnu custom menu install and all is hunky dory. I presume doing it your way would have got the latest version of 7, any ideas whether there were releases after 7.162?

Thanks for the advice chaps, itinerary planning really is key to scenic trips. TomTom need to have a word with themselves from removing it without a big warning sticker!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the version you have is the last vs7 release, as you have found the manual method to install the software I would stick with this, it is more reliable and predictable in use than the automatic version!

In fairness to TomTom they have maintained since the release of the One Third Edition that it will not support Itinerary Planning, whilst we discovered how to get around the problem with Navcore 7, they have closed this "back door" with the release of Navcore 8. I think TomTom's attitude to all of this will be to purchase a device with a higher specification if you want/ need Itinerary planning such as the One XL or an x30 unit, why not ask them (0845 161 0009) - Mike
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks
Now you can see the wisdom of only using the Windows Explorer method to backup one’s Go. Using the Windows Explorer method you can have any number of backups on your PC and restore whichever backup you desire. With the ‘Home’ backup you can only restore from the last Backup.

No, treat ‘Home’ the same as you would the Bubonic plague.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to get at previous versions of Navcore releases that have been installed by TomTom Home. Use Windows Explorer and find the folder that Home uses to store downloads (Documents/ TomTom/ HOME/ Download/ program/ TomTom_Application_for_ONE_3RD_Edition In here will be a number of CAB files that Home uses to update the device, you can open these using Winrar then extract the files directly to the device to put a previous version of Navcore on the device - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: