Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v7.481.Iīm happy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v7.481.Iīm happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fao91
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: v7.481.Iīm happy Reply with quote

Well,after all the negative posts about this version,i decided to report my experience.
This is from a non buzzing go 520.
-Traffic:canīt say anything about it(here in Portugal the service is not active)
-Satelite reception:seems much better,before i was getting 8/9,now i have 11/12,under the same conditions(donīt know if itīs tomtomīs new firmware or of itīs exterior causes thatīs doing it.
-FM:Great!!Was too low(volume)now itīs almost perfect .I have my volume set at 75%,and it almost matches my normal fm stations.
-Jukebox:before i had some strange symbols on my playlist,now itīs perfect.

So far i donīt have any complaints.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me raining on the parade...

But try setting your volume to 10% and see what happens.

Don't worry - I can tell you now the answer - NOTHING.

Since 7.480 and .481, it DOESN'T WORK...

The slider doesn't actually adjust the volume any more.

But, still nice to see a POSITIVE outcome for someone, for a change!
fao91
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah!I heard(read) about that.
Since i use the volume knob on the radio,it really doesnīt mather.
The low volume was really a problem for me and many others.When you turned the fm off...Bang!!radio volume was too high(you could get some heart problems Very Happy )
Since it wasnīt a separate slider,like the phone calls,it seems to me that makes sense that the slider doesnīt do anything in fm mode.That way you can keep the volume of the internal speaker intact.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fao91 wrote:
yeah!I heard(read) about that.
Since i use the volume knob on the radio,it really doesnīt mather.
The low volume was really a problem for me and many others.When you turned the fm off...Bang!!radio volume was too high(you could get some heart problems Very Happy )
Since it wasnt a separate slider,like the phone calls,it seems to me that makes sense that the slider doesnīt do anything in fm mode.That way you can keep the volume of the internal speaker intact.

As I posted to the other person that also said that, forgive me, but "what you on about?" *Laughing Out Loud* grins, smiles etc, just so it's clear. As I said to him, what you do now currently, you could STILL do just exactly the same way, IF the slider worked as well.

Having the slider work, would not in any way, shape or form, prevent you from still using the Radio Volume itself, to adjust the sound level.

Pre 7.480 version, you could do EITHER however...

Set it to a level you like, then use the Radio control to adjust as needed, OR use the device to adjust as needed. So as the second person to reply in this manner, I have to also say to you, you are rather missing the point by a long margin.

BUT...

At least you however, state something additional to the other poster elsewhere - namely that you now find the volume via FM to be LOUDER.

Curious. Because I say it GENUINELY, not to be vexatious or challenging, that I actually find the opposite, nor do I know of many others saying it is louder - in my mate's van, we needed the Radio volume set to 38 (his radio is poor in general, rest assured) to hear my TomTom, with version 7.221. Now we need it set to 42 to hear it on version 7.481 And in my own car, a Mondeo Ghia X, it used to be set at volume level 8, or 10 if a noisy day, on my car, on version 7.221.

Now I need it on 11 or 12 to get the corresponding sound level. So curious as to what you say. Regardless of which, none of this affects the slider not working issue.

They could have UPPED the FM volume level AND kept the slider working.There is no requirement for it to be one or the other.

And as I said earlier, having a correctly working slider would in no way, spoil anything in terms of how you prefer to increase the sound level - you could STILL use the Radio controls anyway.

So a moot argument.

BUT hold up here, the whole point of your post is that you are a happy 7.481 user, so let's end on that point so I don't spoil this post for you, for sure mate!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's that "brevity" feature you installed got to shad? Wink
fao91
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe iīm missing the point,of the need for a slider for fm volume control.I really donīt miss it! Smile
The only grip that i had with the fm function was that it was really to low,even with the slider up to 100%,the sound was way to low,compared to the normal fm broadcast.
I have the habit of switching to a news station at the hour,now i can do this without having to decrease the radio volume(before,sometimes i forgot to do it and got some really good scares)
What i really donīt understand is why the diference in problems reported.Like the need to chosse the voice at startup,being unable to plan a route to a no number road etc..
If some ,like me are not having those problems,why are others having them?!!!!
For what it may be of any use,i donīt have any third party apps.I always use the disconect device from Tomtom Home every time i connect the usb cable with the device on.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

He's Beta testing the latest - v8.372 released on 1st April - early days.*Laughing Out Loud*

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:

He's Beta testing the latest - v8.372 released on 1st April - early days.*Laughing Out Loud*

I actually appreciate the intelligent humour to that one.

Nice one Dennis (genuinely so).

Laughing
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

I too like 7.481! working fine with the exception of traffic! but it does appear that my 720's 7.221 was bodged (tech term meaning fo*ked) after 2 full days use 13hrs and 12hrs still no wait a moment errors at all! But TT need to do something with the bugs in traffic and otherthings
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
DennisN wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:

I actually appreciate the intelligent humour to that one.

Nice one Dennis (genuinely so).

Laughing

Hmmm looks like v8.372 has an inconsistancy bug in it then after that short response from shadamehr.

Time for a new thread methinks to monitor that brevity feature Laughing Out Loud
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

PC Operating System: Windows 7

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: