Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RDS-TMC and GPRS Traffic differences with Navcore 7.48x
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RDS-TMC and GPRS Traffic differences with Navcore 7.48x
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not pink? Laughing Laughing
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I'm a naiive innocent. In all my experience with Traffic, the incidents have only ever "reported" when they affect my side.

then your missing out on advance warnings for when rubbernecking is required

a crucial feature is it not
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's a crafty idea - notify me of places where I need to rubberneck in order to create a traffic incident. Nice one! Sort of reverse HD Traffic? - not enough congestion here, everybody move in on it please!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
Yes, of course, direction is important - that's what we've been saying.

We want to know whether there's a delay that affects us and, if so, how long that delay is.

Length of delay being the key, not cause.

In order to know whether there is a delay, then surely the directional information is fundamental to that, not a bolt-on extra.

Delays affecting us on our side of the carriageway, ie not delays on the other carriageway which don't affect us.

Thus, directional information is fundamental to any delay information.

So fundamental, in fact, that it was probably not specifically mentioned.

Also, there was no colour scheme mentioned anywhere for delays on the opposite carriageway, I/we probably just assumed it was taken as read that we want to know about delays affecting our carriageway.

EDIT - would it not also be safe to say that if traffic info was performing reliably, we needn't worry about direction because the delays given ought to only be the ones affecting our route, not the opposite carriageway.

A clear indication the there's still some considerable way to go before traffic info is working correctly.

Yeah, but being as diplomatic as possible, my point being that there was (indeed just see klystrom's as puerile as ever, right on cue response three or four posts further DOWN, for an example), plenty posts from, erm, "various people" about this fascination I allegedly have with colours.

Yet my point was, this bug that now no longer shows colours, is the same bug that now means no direction info.

Leading on the the significance that those certain people that are going on and on about this colour bug not having any relevance, and then clearly admitting it has massive relevance when it is reminded to them what this bug also means - something I have been saying all along.

And my own point being, one of the lowest things I despise in life is hypocrisy.

And no, I am not saying that this applies to you - just inviting you to consider it and go figure.

But as the colours bug is also the direction bug, I find it oh so funny that those who constantly chide me for highlighting the bug, readily concede when reminded what it also causes, that the other aspect of the bug is so massively significant.

Of course it is, why the heck did they think I kept mentioning it?

PML....
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klystron_generator wrote:
first a printer's pantone swatch book to cover every conceivable colour for a cause or combination of causes

now correct directional information

i'd love to see the impossible prezzies you have listed on your xmas letter to santa

I don't seem to recall ever asking for the first anywhere on these forums - perhaps you'd care to enlighten us where it was said.

Oh, forgive me, you don't actually say it was ME you were referring to -as you don't actually name names any more do you, you just use "you", as this will avoid you being Mod. chastised won't it. Doh.

Oh well, I'm not gonna argue - it just gives you more fuel to start fires with *Laughing Out Loud*

In any event, as it happens, and the WHOLE purpose of all of my posts (by jingo, is k_g finally grasping it now?), is that the things you allude to - if I stay with 7.221 I HAVE both of these things, and properly and correct working Traffic Service (I use Wireless, not RDS), thank you very much.

Finally got the relevance of my posts?

They are simply to say, the very thing you allude to and wish for ARE actually there fine in 7.221 provided it is with Wireless Traffic.

They are NOT there in later versions, nor using RDS-TMC.

Wow - finally, the point is taken - or is it?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:

PML....

The first TEN entries from my Internet Acronym and Abbreviation directory...
Quote:
PML Promyelocytic Leukemia
PML Pakistan Muslim League
PML Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy
PML Plymouth Marine Laboratory
PML Physical Markup Language
PML Perfectly Matched Layer
PML Partido Movimiento Libertario (Libertarian Movement Party, Costa Rica)
PML Probable Maximum Loss (insurance)
PML Printer Management Language
PML Public Missiles Ltd
You've really lost me this time!

klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
indeed just see klystrom's as puerile as ever, right on cue response three or four posts further DOWN, for an example

is that klystrom?

for a moment i thought you were whingeing about me but it was a relief to see you my username contans an N so it must be another member whose posts i missed

puerile perhaps

brief and concise DEFINITELY

if i were you i'd consider suing the school of brevity which so clearly conned you
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
Oh, forgive me, you don't actually say it was ME you were referring to -as you don't actually name names any more do you, you just use "you", as this will avoid you being Mod. chastised won't it. Doh.

i'm quite happy to name names and your clearly bright enough to work out the link yourself so additional text giving unneeded and unnecessary clues is not required

hence by not including countless excess words i am able to keep my posts brief

shadamehr wrote:
Wow - finally, the point is taken - or is it?

was there a point in there somewhere

my eyes fogged over as i quickly skipped through excessively long posts
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It not so much "PML", but it looks like everyone is getting PMT today. Haven't we done all this to death?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we ALL stop now and take a pause please. If we can't be nice then just stop posting until you can.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to think I started this thread for constructive reasons - to try and get TT to sit up and take notice that there is an issue be it with delay info and/or colour classification (which I hadn't really noticed until shadamehr pointed it out).

Hopefully we can get back on topic!

Andy
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you should just nominate shadamehr as your spokesman Rolling Eyes

Last edited by klystron_generator on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received the following from TomTom regarding my RDS-TMC not working and my attempt to get GPRS temporarily ....
Quote:
Dear DennisN,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your query
Your reference for your query is 080321-004297

I have no spoken to our 2nd line and my supervisor again and they confirm that we do not officially offer the substitution for the RDS-TMC receiver. We are still working on a fix and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The cases you were referring to were exceptions before but we are making no exceptions anymore. This information has been forwarded to the whole customer support team.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

You may imagine I'm not best pleased at this, so I've replied ...
Quote:
Will you now therefore confirm in writing that TomTom's official response for my faulty RDS-TMC equipment is no compensation for it not working? I paid extra for this. It has never worked since I got it - now almost FOUR MONTHS. TomTom have known about this problem for long enough to make alternative arrangements for some customers, but now have no intention of extending those arrangements to me, even though it is highly possible that I have suffered this problem at least as long as, if not longer than those others? Your latest statement is "We are still working on a fix" - in other words, you've no idea right now how long this problem will persist. In the meantime I have to wait, unlike the other people TomTom have helped out - you are making "no exceptions any more".

I have been a TomTom owner since 2005 - GO300, GO700, GO910, GO710 and I right now own and use every day TWO GO720s and this GO920T. How faithful a customer do you think your attitude encourages me to be?

Is there somebody out there who has not yet contacted TomTom over this RDS-TMC problem? I need you to now contact them to see if you get the information which has been forwarded to the whole customer support team. On second thoughts, don't bother - I'll now take it up as a new query with one of my GO720s? Twisted Evil

AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not getting any joy on extending the 3mth they offered me.

I will update if the situation changes, but I doubt it as they are now just closing the case every time I update it.

Andy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. I have started off again with a 720 registration and the first response was "You need to have a green circle", to which I replied "Here's a screenshot showing I've got a green circle".

Their second response was "You need to have a route set" to which I replied "Look at the screenshot with the green circle and you'll see that I have a route set".

I am, of course, waiting to see any sign of the "This information has been forwarded to the whole customer support team" from my other ongoing Question History!

Don't they just leave themselves wide open to this sort of baiting with their silly separate registrations policy? Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: