Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Have TomTom Lost The Plot (Customer Service Issues)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Have TomTom Lost The Plot (Customer Service Issues)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Have TomTom Lost The Plot (Customer Service Issues) Reply with quote

Sorry this is a bit of a rant,

But I really think they lost the plot on the customer service side of things

Being a TomTom user since TT2 on my trusty XDA I have upgraded and took the bad with the good over the years but this latest one has be stumped

I have just purchased a new 920T to replace a 910 that was killed in service.

I was hoping to be able to wait for a 930 with HD traffic but needs must and I figured that an upgrade to HD in a month or 2 when it comes out would be an OK option to live with TMC for now, as I figured it had to be better than the old modded version 1 TMC I had used before

Anyway I was wrong of course TMC is still as useless as a Crystal ball in the north midlands.

So after a few email exchanges I called TT to see if I could get a comped subscription to GPRS (Either 1 year or a month or so till the HD Traffic unit came out would have been fine) as the 920T does not come with the 1 month free trial of GPRS Traffic due to the included TMC unit

They would not budge, 45 mins on the phone back and forth to a supervisor, not a chance not even a 1 month trial sub to last me till the HD traffic came out

Options I was offered, return the 920T and buy a 920 standard (not an option as my supplier only had the 920T), Return the 920T and buy a 720 (not an option as I need the US maps for work)

Or just return it and go away..

I cannot believe a company like TomTom would chuck out a £300+ sale along with faith in the company and possible future sales, over the refusal to supply a 1 month GPRS traffic trial. but they did, they just blame the poor TMC service on the radio stations and directed me to return my 920T to the supplier as it was within 28 days

Well Done TomTom, you really know how to make your customers feel welcome.

Off back to Staples now to dump them back with the 920T and will live with Garmin XT on my mobile phone till I find a better soloution, and you can be sure I will trying my hardest to make sure its not a TomTom Solution

Rant Over
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might save some cash though if you get a 720 for £169 then download the full USA map for £49:99 ok you have to factor in the cost of the SD card but its not going to be more costly than the 920T, you probably have a spare 1 or 2GB card anyway, you won't get a remote control, you won't get an RDS-TMC device - just a thought? - Mike
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Worth a look at that price, I will have to see what Staple have when I go in. I dont use the remote anyway

The 920T worked out at £225 after they price matched Halfords at £255 then with the 110% price match guarantee and 5% Cashback. so I figured the 920T was not a bad investment

I will have a look at the 720 and see what Staples are offering, like you said Memory cards are not problem. But with £169 / £179 + the £50 map it still works out more expensive than the 920T!!!

Cheers
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, you are wrong with the title of this post mate.

You can't "Lose the Plot"...

...If you 'never had a script to start with'

*Laughing Out Loud*

That's my take on TomTom's disgusting Customer Service, that very often borders on issuing out-right lies.
Smartdriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You might save some cash though if you get a 720 for £169 then download the full USA map for £49:99 ok you have to factor in the cost of the SD card but its not going to be more costly than the 920T, you probably have a spare 1 or 2GB card anyway, you won't get a remote control, you won't get an RDS-TMC device - just a thought? - Mike

I bought my 920T from Dixons on line last week for £240 delivered. So, it's cheaper than doing what you suggest as you do get the remote and you don't have to use the TMC. I wanted the USA map as well as the full W&C Europe.

TT Go 6000
Previous Go 920T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: