Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RDS-TMC & x20's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RDS-TMC & x20's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: RDS-TMC & x20's Reply with quote

OK, I've read through the latest 16 page 7.480 saga and some 7.481 messages, gone back looking for 7.221 messages about RDS-TMC and not even been able to find the RDS-TMC FAQ Mike refers to somewhere.

I foolishly upgraded to 480 before I read these threads and with it being so bad, couldn't do any worse than upgrade to 481 this morning.

What I can't work out from all the threads is; is there a v7 version for a 920T with a decent working RDS-TMC i.e. one that knows the delay time? I thought it might be 7.221 but I have a feeling that didn't work properly either.

One other question, is it possible to get to the traffic menu with the bluetooth remote?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen an accurate delay time with Navcore 7 on RDS-TMC.

If you want the least bug riddled version go back to 7.221 when the delay times will be 1 minute or some stupidly high number.

In fact, no delay info is in fact an improvement over absolute garbage, but it isn't how the system is advertised as working.

See my thread here for how it should work.

Andy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: RDS-TMC & x20's Reply with quote

Tobas wrote:
OK, I've read through the latest 16 page 7.480 saga and some 7.481 messages, gone back looking for 7.221 messages about RDS-TMC and not even been able to find the RDS-TMC FAQ Mike refers to somewhere.
A direct link to the RDS-TMC guide is This One, but unless you are using Navcore 6 the guide is as good as useless, in addition I need to update the guide to reflect the changes that the 7,48+ software has introduced, things are somewhat different these days in how it works (or doesn't depending upon your view). The guide will be updated once / if the RDS-TMC can be seen to be working correctly in the UK - Mike
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've got a 7.221 920T now. It'll be nice to see what a TMC delay looks like, wrong or not Laughing

What I don't have is an upgrade option in tomtomhome, I guess tomtom know I have already downloaded 7.481 in my account details therefore don't offer it. I took a windows backup before upgrading though!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobas wrote:

What I don't have is an upgrade option in tomtomhome, I guess tomtom know I have already downloaded 7.481 in my account details therefore don't offer it.

You're quite right in your guess! Good old Home! Rolling Eyes

What you can do though is EITHER delete the download of v7.481 on your PC and then Home will re-download it and install it, OR I believe you can install it through the "add voices, etc. from your PC menu (not in front of my PC so I can't double-check).

The same technique of deleting the existing download, can also be used to force Home to re-download any maps etc that you have bought from TT.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: RDS-TMC & x20's Reply with quote

Tobas wrote:
What I can't work out from all the threads is; is there a v7 version for a 920T with a decent working RDS-TMC i.e. one that knows the delay time? I thought it might be 7.221 but I have a feeling that didn't work properly either.

One other question, is it possible to get to the traffic menu with the bluetooth remote?

Quite simply, No, there isn't a v7 which does the traffic properly.

Yes, you can get to the traffic menu using the Remote control - the right and left arrows take you through the menu pages (see third page), the bottom right button selects Done (these actions vary, though, depending on where you are). The only thing I can't do with the remote is move around the map using the left, right, up, down buttons. - I can send texts, for example. I find the remote very useful because it helps accuracy compared with my stubby fingers.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: