Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Suggested protection for 920
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggested protection for 920
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

You should have heard my involuntary howl of anguish though. My wife pointed out that I didn't shriek like that when SHE fell over recently! Laughing

About 2:30 pm yesterday afternoon, my time, I heard this plaintiff wailing sound revirberate all around me here in Toronto.

I thought my cat was getting squished somewhere. Considering the time difference, I think I know what, er, who, caused the sound!! Laughing Laughing
LB-Greg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the same cases as Anita mentions on Ebay for my 720. The only thing which concerns me is the pictures (from this company) all show a TT ONE even though labelled for 720/920 and the description also mentions both 720/920 and TT ONE. Probably worth a risk for £6.98 though Confused
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB-Greg wrote:
I'm looking at the same cases as Anita mentions on Ebay for my 720. The only thing which concerns me is the pictures (from this company) all show a TT ONE even though labelled for 720/920 and the description also mentions both 720/920 and TT ONE. Probably worth a risk for £6.98 though Confused

I fancy one too, but have one minor issue...

The BLACK one, looks indeed to be leather, but shows as a fairly square/rectangular affair - that is, it doesn't follow the curvature of the back of the TomTom.

HOWEVER, the silver one (available if you search ebay for the same seller), looks a lovely affair - stylish, modern, and curved to match the TomTom. BUT, whilst it SAYS it too is leather, nevertheless, the picture of it makes it look like fabric instead, and the description which says it is leather, is just taken straight from the listing of the black one.

So I would LOVE to plump for the better looking and shaped silver one, for the same price, and probably will anyway.

I just hope that if I do, when it arrives, it is indeed leather too.

Happy to post back if you wish, but I've not even got round to ordering it yet mind.

INSTANT EDIT: Oh and thanks Anita for the Heads Up!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB-Greg, the 720 goes into the case easily, but it isn't a very snug fit. It fits the length and width well, but isn't quite as thin as the device. I measure the device as about 24mm and the external measurement of the case at about 34mm. That doesn't bother me, as there's less stress on the zip and as the back isn't rigid it squashes in a bag or pocket so takes up little more room than the 720 itself.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadamehr, I've actually got both the black and the silver. I got my son a 520 for Xmas, and he got one for his fiancee, but she decided she'd rather have his old 500 and spend the cost of the 520 on clothes! I'd bought him a black case and her a silver one as little extra presents, so was left with the silver case!

It is leather and exactly the same as the black case. At least, I think they're both leather.
Samsung Galaxy S21
LB-Greg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice Anita & Shadamehr SmileI wish people on e-bay would take the time to included the correct details ( the silver one in the picture shows a snug fit and curved back and looks totally different to the black one!!).

I think I will go with the copy TT one style leather case (£8.98) with the magnetic catch (have one of these for my TT one but an original).
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB-Greg wrote:
Thanks for your advice Anita & Shadamehr SmileI wish people on e-bay would take the time to included the correct details ( the silver one in the picture shows a snug fit and curved back and looks totally different to the black one!!).

They're both exactly the same, and the large pics of the silver one on this page show it very well. The flat part is a snug fit for the front of the device, but the curved back is a little roomy.
Samsung Galaxy S21
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Suggested protection for 920 Reply with quote

Hectorsgaf wrote:
As the TT branded cases are so ridiculously over priced and Ebay is such a minefield of crap, can anybody please suggest a GOOD quality but reasonably priced case for then Go 920. I have seen some that connect up to the mount etc without having to remove the case.

I am not sure if you are just looking for a storage case, but here is one I bought for just under $25.00 delivered to my door. It states it is for 720 but it fits 920 like a glove as well. It looks like an official TT case.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/TomTom/9M00000/M89006/
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Suggested protection for 920 Reply with quote

garcor wrote:
Hectorsgaf wrote:
As the TT branded cases are so ridiculously over priced and Ebay is such a minefield of crap, can anybody please suggest a GOOD quality but reasonably priced case for then Go 920. I have seen some that connect up to the mount etc without having to remove the case.

I am not sure if you are just looking for a storage case, but here is one I bought for just under $25.00 delivered to my door. It states it is for 720 but it fits 920 like a glove as well. It looks like an official TT case.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/TomTom/9M00000/M89006/

Hi. Thanks for the thought but I am now sorted courtesy Dennis and a donation to the Lifeboat association ( long story ).

Not sure the free shipping would include sending to the UK though Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: