Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

As much as i was expecting the worst in my initial findings post, I too found that I had NOT lost my .ogg poi alerts and settings.

Nice one for once TT. But I had NOT done anything to fiddle with things either mind.[/quote]

I'd be willing to bet that the first time to move a POI, they'll go.
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: signal bar Reply with quote

My signal bar has gone from left to right to bottom to top any one know how I can get it back please, even took speed time going to get there miles left and its still upright any ideas thanx.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite a lot of changes made i see ,also noticed it seems to start and close down a little quicker and another 1 i noticed was a red square under the speed
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well having now had a chance to play with it a lot more I can also report more findings, most of which for the worse alas:

1) Does indeed need you to hold the power button down MUCH longer now to switch the device on. Very bad in a safety sense, as it means hand off the wheel a lot longer now when driving, to switch the device on, if you forgot and moved off before turning on. Poor driving practice I am sure you can say, but its a REALITY - we do this, so it's no use claiming we shouldn't be - we do, and in doing it, TT now just made it even more unsafe.

2) When switching off, the "Don't leave your device on display" warning screen is indeed now shown NONE-backlit - so you can barely see it. Poor.

3) It 'seems' (after just two days driving for sure) that the response of the GPS signal is slower - that is all day today, the device has had me show as going straight on for a bit, when I have taken junctions off to the left etc, even when these were the correct plotted route. Then the TT had to re-place me at the correct location a few seconds later. Poor, but hard to say if this is linked.

4) The issue I flagged up about the traffic map, seems to indeed be a new introduced bug. As it's doing it again today - that is, on the Traffic Map, where you can drag and zoom around to see all incidents, Traffic Congestion issues (therefore, the most common ones), now do not show on the map with the relevant Warning triangle symbol. This means knowing what each incident is, is harder, and clicking the icon is all but impossible, as for these incidents, it is the tiny red dot (as shown when previously just zoomed right out on earlier version). Not good at all.

In fact, enough about this poor for me to want to revert back to prior version, if that is not a foolish thing for me to do, until this is all sorted.

So can anyone tell me HOW you do that?

Cheers all.
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
The signal strenth bar is now vertical and smaller

Went into Operate My Go (why? because it was there I suppose - I don't usualy bother with the function). Anyway, I see signal strength bar orientation in OMG depiction remains as it used to be on the pnd.

Also notice that after using OMG, the device tells me that the voice I selected is not available, so have to re-select.

But as I don't make a habit of 'operating my go', it won't prove too much of an inconvenience.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm didn't really notice a lag on my gps side ,i thought it was slightly improved Smile also another thing i noticed was the safety feature now locks out most other pages and only gives you a limited amount of icons none being traffic update i might add ,also couldn't add another poi on the move ,so that feature has been disabled already

oh almost forgot it seems they have improved the routing as it took me down a road it always seemed to avoid like the plague but in reality is the best route into town and again with my next journey took me another route ...don't know if it was down to co incidence
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm that the RDS Traffic system still does not work with this upgrade. It notifies you of traffic on route but no delay time.
Luckily I have just managed to get Tomtom support to give me twelve months free subscription to their GPRS service.
karlak
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:

Luckily I have just managed to get Tomtom support to give me twelve months free subscription to their GPRS service.

Thats at least 2 of us now. I suggest everyone else get on their case. They might do something about fixing the TMC issue then.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On journeys today, I now had permanent RDS-TMC contact, from home to Bath, Bath to Cardiff, Cardiff to Bristol, Bristol to Swindon, Swindon back home. The information was rubbish, though - no congestion on the M32, no obstruction in the road at M4 Jct 18, no lane closure Jct 18 - 17 and back again. On the way to Cardiff I tested by re-routing for Swansea to see what happened with the long term contraflow round Cardiff. It instantly showed the contraflow, but this time it simply said it was there, without giving me a projected delay of 190 minutes. That has to be an improvement of some sort, I suppose. I'm going to Nottingham tomorrow, so I'll get a better idea then (but you can bet I'll only be watching, not paying any attention to it!).

Thanks TomTom - you've now set my hands free back to where it was before the last App update - callers tell me I've gone back to being a Dalek!

You've still not stopped my 920 from switching itself back on again once I'm out of sight round the corner.

And you've jiggered up the routing - Swindon back to Keynsham you now want me to bypass M4 Junction 18 and carry on to J19, increasing my journey by 5 miles and 5 minutes (if you ignore the fact that if I were to go that way, Bristol traffic would actually add more like half an hour).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
So can anyone tell me HOW you do that?

Easy - restore the Windows Explorer backup you did before downloading the update.

OR contact TomTom, tell them you didn't do a backup and ask them to give you the previous App.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, you need to update one device at a time, don't put all your eggs in one basket when the very latest software hits the streets, get used to it on a single unit before deciding if it is worthy of putting on the others (the true benefit of multiple devices) and it saves a whole load of time rolling back to the previous backup Wink when you have multiple TT units - Mike
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn-

Any luck sorting out the NA VR issue? All I can do is report that mine is broken as well...
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

And you've jiggered up the routing - Swindon back to Keynsham you now want me to bypass M4 Junction 18 and carry on to J19, increasing my journey by 5 miles and 5 minutes (if you ignore the fact that if I were to go that way, Bristol traffic would actually add more like half an hour).

I see that Limply Stoke is having more long term road works soon, will you do the MapShare updates... Smile
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

This is what TomTom are calling IQ Routing, so new custimers beware ! ! !
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
I see that Limply Stoke is having more long term road works soon, will you do the MapShare updates... Smile

I didn't notice the start date or length, just the name on the sign on M4 today. But anyway, I NEVER notify closures for roadworks - Question "Is this permanent for cars?" (I've never answered NO either, so I don't know what that would do).

But I made a mental note to find out the dates - I usually avoid Limpley Stoke anyway, but eggs is eggs that I'll get to go that way when the closure is on!!

mikealder wrote:
don't put all your eggs in one basket
Hey you! You're talking to the master of multiple devices and non-RTFM here. I do chickens before there's even a nest. And that advice was for somebody who only has one TT device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 4 of 26

Jump to: