Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
npglover
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Can someone who still has VR working after the firmware upgrade to 7.40 please do me a favour? In the asr folder, is there a support_asr.dat file and if so, what are the contents of that file?

I have that file on my Go 520 7.480.908 and it has the value 1 in it.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

npglover wrote:
dhn wrote:
Can someone who still has VR working after the firmware upgrade to 7.40 please do me a favour? In the asr folder, is there a support_asr.dat file and if so, what are the contents of that file?

I have that file on my Go 520 7.480.908 and it has the value 1 in it.

You DO have the file. The plot thickens.

Thanks for the info.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the file on my 520 but what is interesting is that all the files in the ASR folder are all dated 18/03/08 except that file which has the date 06/06/07 so all the rest updated today but the support_asr.dat file.
NA 2GB v8.45
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
I too have the file on my 520 but what is interesting is that all the files in the ASR folder are all dated 18/03/08 except that file which has the date 06/06/07 so all the rest updated today but the support_asr.dat file.

Hoppy, how is it you have come by NA 720 maps if your unit is a 520? (and does the VR work with the 720 maps?)
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just brought the NA 720 map from TomTom and installed it on my 8 GB SD card.
I hadn't checked until you asked, No the VR doesn't work on my NA map the icons aren't greyed out but when I select them they go to the address screen but in the top RH corner the mouth symbol stays greyed out.
NA 2GB v8.45
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can anyone say whether the TMC delays are now showing anything other than "1 minute"? Or is the RDS - TMC function still as completely useless as ever?
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
pete1336 wrote:
I've tested this with the new application- the problem still exists. Sad

It didn't for me, my custom cursor, TTS voice and POI alerts were all left unaffected.

That is interesting, let me tell you what I did to lose mine and perhaps you can try and replicate the problem. I selected a tomtom map poi and using the mapshare functionality moved it on my map. Having done this I went to the manage poi bit- warn when near and all my warnings had gone. Fortunately, just replacing the mapsettings.cfg file works a treat and saves a lot of time.

Give that a go Darren if you would and post your results?
Thanks,
Pete
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested new app, some suttle changes now when you go over the speed limit both the speed your doing and the road limit the whole background flash red not just the figures alot easier to see, had to reset the audio warning tho! The signal strenth bar is now vertical and smaller, but you cant use the extra space for anything else! TMC bar seems wider you get the delay icon but no time! could be a network issue so i'll wait to see on that, reception seemed better but today i'm in my car not my truck, voice reconition worked just the same no issues there. The app installed fine with no issues, the operate device worked fine. My poi warnings still work. The device does take longer too boot and the backlight dont come on till the start up pic apears! I liked the light coming on first as i knew the unit was awake Laughing Out Loud but guess we just need to get used to new start up! Otherwise nothing else to report as yet! enjoy
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
beaconlegal wrote:
So can anyone say whether the TMC delays are now showing anything other than "1 minute"? Or is the RDS - TMC function still as completely useless as ever?

Just travelled from Banbury to Crowthorne 76 miles started recieving TMC on M40 just got 1 delay on A404 at Marlow but it just showed the traffic jam icon but no delay time! my arival time did change by 15mins tho! As stated earlier i'll wait and see!!! But are Tomtom going to fix TMC with HD Traffic subscription service just round the corner! I do hope we aint been shafted buying the TMC unit!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete1336 wrote:
Darren wrote:
pete1336 wrote:
I've tested this with the new application- the problem still exists. Sad

It didn't for me, my custom cursor, TTS voice and POI alerts were all left unaffected.

That is interesting, let me tell you what I did to lose mine and perhaps you can try and replicate the problem. {snip}
Thanks,
Pete

As much as i was expecting the worst in my initial findings post, I too found that I had NOT lost my .ogg poi alerts and settings.

Nice one for once TT. But I had NOT done anything to fiddle with things either mind.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Just tested new app, some suttle changes now when you go over the speed limit both the speed your doing and the road limit the whole background flash red not just the figures alot easier to see, had to reset the audio warning tho!

A la the new x30 range look you mean - if so, nice one, not tested myself yet, but if so this is good.

mikewall wrote:
The signal strenth bar is now vertical and smaller, but you cant use the extra space for anything else!

Not noticed this yet myself, but I will look out for it, as to be honest I can't really remember how big it was before. This might be a change for something to do with HD Traffic perhaps though, when we get it.

mikewall wrote:
TMC bar seems wider you get the delay icon but no time!

Again, not noticed, but if so, makes pressing it easier, as at the minute, it is too small to catch the correct area.

mikewall wrote:
Could be a network issue so i'll wait to see on that, reception seemed better but today i'm in my car not my truck, voice reconition worked just the same no issues there. The app installed fine with no issues, the operate device worked fine. My poi warnings still work.

Have you noticed any of the issue I flagged up - that yesterday for me, Congestion areas were shown with lane issue markings, but NOT with a Map Symbol, on the Traffic Map?

mikewall wrote:
The device does take longer too boot and the backlight dont come on till the start up pic apears! I liked the light coming on first as i knew the unit was awake Laughing Out Loud but guess we just need to get used to new start up! Otherwise nothing else to report as yet! enjoy

Agreed, and agreed. Oh well.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This update is based on the version used in the beta testing which was V7425 so I suspect that behind the seens the IQ routing has been added ready for the new map releases. Things that have change:

* Speed limit indicator now more visible and turns red.
* Smaller GPS signal strength.
* New Voice recognition icon.
* POI Warning minor change.

TMC functionallity was not available in the beta, but this has changed for the worest. The older versions of software showed the station frequencies that the TMC was scanning, on occasions I used this to identifiy that the scan had got stuck. This has changed, instead of the stations frequencies being displayed you just get 'Looking for traffic signal' and then this changes to 'Updating traffic information' followed by 'Up-to-date'. Also the main screen icon has changed and there's only one icon, the arrow, that indicates scanning & updating. So in summary it will be more difficult to troubleshoot problems as the icons are the same and not frequency information is available.
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong as only played with the new version for a few minutes.
The RDS traffic issue does not appear to have been fixed. Once the traffic has updated and you get the green circle, when you browse the map and click on the traffic incidents no times are displayed (as are with the GPRS service). My route advised me of delays on route, showed a car on its side in the traffic bar on the RHS of the screen, but no delay time still.
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
This update is based on the version used in the beta testing which was V7425 ....

It was not JUST V 7.425 that was beta tested lately. They tested about 5 differnt versions on that test. I was on 7.4
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
The signal strenth bar is now vertical and smaller

Mine is smaller as I wrote in my report but it is Horizontal not Vertical. Confused

The bars are horizontal but they are virtically stacked smallest at the bottom largest at the top. Is that what you all mean?

I do not like the new switch on at all. I have to press the button a couple of times. Then it seems to a reset start without the drum roll everytime. Yellow screen with the bar moving across the bottom and the drive symbols flashing.
NA 2GB v8.45

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: