Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have finally given up with 7.481 after I got the "one moment please" screen when navigating to a POI.

Up untill this point I got the feeling that RDS-TMC was slightly improved in as much as I would get a lock soon after switch on and would occassionally lose lock at some point during the journey. Whereas I rarely had a lock with 7.221.

The other interesting thing is when I tried the update there was no offer of a firmware or mapshare update.

Has 7.481 been withdrawn now? Laughing Out Loud

Dave
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

PC Operating System: Windows 7
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank "Oldboy" for providing me with firmware to do the rollback.

Dave
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

Goto10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just stumbled on this thread after having my 720 ruined by the crappy 7.481 firmware, I now get the "one moment please" screen at crossings and POIs, I have reset the unit numerous times and tried "disconnect device" from Home, also removed my SD card etc, all to no avail.
The only extras I have are the TomTom speed camera subscription and TomTom traffic, I've never used any other 3rd party apps, just some MP3s on my SD card.
I noticed someone said "Factory reset" - how do I go about this? I've had a search but only come up with pushing the reset button.
Thanks.
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goto10 wrote:
I noticed someone said "Factory reset" - how do I go about this? I've had a search but only come up with pushing the reset button.
Thanks.

Factory reset is under "Change Preferences" "Reset factory settings"

But I would suggest you roll back to firmware 7.221 untill a stable upgrade can be provided by TT.

Dave
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

Goto10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, is the old firmware still available online?
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st and most importantly backup your unit!

This is discussed earlier in this thread, I am not that sure how to provde the link for you but "Oldboy's" download site is here http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/index.html
When unzipped you will have 4 folders and 9 files. Using windows explorer
copy the folders contents to the respective folder on your unit, take care to copy the folder contents NOT the folder. The 9 files are to be copied to the root.

Hope that helps, i would suggest you check back in this thread tho.

Dave
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

Goto10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhh better! Thanks you're a star, on 7.221 now with things working as they did before. Going to be more careful updating in the future.
I also noticed 7.481 no longer alerted me to speed cameras either (with the official TT database) I could see the cameras but no alert whatsoever, went through all the options but it refused to do so, had to drive over 1500 miles with that crappy firmware running too, I updated before I left to ensure everything was at its best Rolling Eyes
Also 7.481 would connect to my phone but the data connection refused to work for traffic no matter how many times I re-paired the devices, I've just re-established connection now on 7.221 and it downloaded traffic info immediately.
I'm amazed TomTom managed to comprehensively f'ck up the software and then go ahead and release it!
Although my N95 and the 720 don't really get on anyway, text doesn't work and I need to re-pair it quite often as it goes into a constant connect-disconnect-connect-disconnect cycle.
I've also noticed my 'new' 720's map is out of date according to TT home (705.1480) and I need to pay £80 to get latest ones. This is my 3rd TomTom and I can say it'll very likely be my last at this rate.

Incidentally - I reported the "One moment please" error to TomTom and I received a reply telling me to delete the ttntools directory, this doesn't even exist on my device! (I seem to recall having this on my old PDA version though)
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be some help.

When you get an update for firmware offered next time untick it and check this forum to see what bug ridden software they release next time.

The latest maps are version 715, IMO its not worth updating unless there is a major update like version 8 firmware that offers a few interesting features.

I have only used TomTom, what do other makes charge for map upgrades?

Dave
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Goto10"... have you done that backup yet?

If you've got a FULL backup (made with Windows Explorer, not TT Home) then you can install new software without worries, knowing you can always get back to where you were.

If you haven't got one and anything happens, you might lose your maps and there's no answer to that other than buying new ones for £60-odd.

Instructions: #1 HERE
marshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have been following this thread and am having many of the symptoms noted + the dreaded xl runner (or whatever its called)

I even reverted to first version of tt home

however still getting xl runner problems .

i want to revert to v7.22 and have downloaded , unzipped , and copied and pasted the contents of folder and copied files to root using explorer

However my go520 still shows ver 7.481(9086/080324

what have i missed/done wrong?

marshall
Liquoricepaper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys been readingh through the posts in this thread and there is definately a theme with the wait a moment screen coming up.

after I upgraded to 7.481 I got this anoying screen. Not much good when your looking for an address to pick someone up.

any ways this happened when looking for crossings and when looking for streets with no or no recorded house numbers.

end of a long shift and back at home conects up the 720t to update some map corrections and tried some navigations using the "operate my go" function. I did not recieve the wait a moment screen...........I have not seen it since and this is a week later after the upgrade.

Don't know if it's an answer that will suite everyone, but it seemed to work for me. For the problem anyway. Got a new one but I'll post about in a new thread as it's off topic here.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone still experiencing this please wait" problem following an upgrade please reset the device using a pin/ paper clip then go to Change Preferences/ Reset Factory Settings. You will have to re-enter your Home location and POI warning configuration - Mike
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info Mike.

I had rolled back too 7.221 for reasons I stated earlier, overall I was reasonably happy it was the "one moment please" that urked me.

I have just followed your advice and all is OK now.

Dave
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. I have reset the device to try and remove the 'please wait' messages. I have restored to factory default settings but cannot get the speed camera warnings to use the ogg files. any ideas on how to get that working again? The ogg files are still in the map directory with same poi's as before.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are using the Speed Camera files from this site with the warning voice pack as well?

Just go to Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI, scroll through the list to get to the pocketgps_uk.....files (typing "po" without the "" is a good way to speed this up).

Select the first one in the list, set your distance.
Answer Yes when it asks is this the sound you want use (even though you hear nothing).
Set Warn only if POI on route as per your choice.

Repeat the above for each of the camera categories installed - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26

Jump to: