Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gymord
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home function works fine for me Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: version 7.480.9084 Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
Darren wrote:
mikewall wrote:
Rolling Eyes Waits to see if tmc is fixed! i.e proper delay times instead of 1min or 145mins Laughing Out Loud

Absolutely, one of the first things I shall be testing on a long drive later this week!

The furthest I shall be going is Fareham Guinness Cheers!
I've got 10 hours worth of 450 miles around Wales coming up on Thursday. I'll try to remember to look to see if the wretched thing is doing anything during the day (can't promise though - I've more or less given up on it. Don't know why I bother plugging it in each trip. Maybe it's because shouting abuse at it does no good, so I'm just being an optimist).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got the update today for my 520. One thing i did notice was in the mapshare section, the road blocked sign is now a much darker shade of red! Driving from newcastle to falkirk and back tomorrow so the TMC will get a thorough testing. I will report back

iPhone 12
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initial Findings (very early, at desk only):

1) As stated by others, had to re-choose my TTS Voice of Kate

2) Had to re-choose my custom cursor (as others have also seen).

3) Traffic: No idea if it is because of this Update, BUT, My Traffic Map today is not showing me the icon symbol for Traffic Congestion routes. Let me explain better - when you zoom sufficiently far enough out on the Traffic Map screen, ALL the symbols disappear, and the incidents get replaced with little red dots instead. Well today, for me, when zoomed in to NORMAL level, SOME incidents show with the correct symbols, but the traffic congestion issues near me have ONLY the little red dots. This is not something experienced before, NOT GOOD, and is not due to space available on screen - the map at this level has only a few incidents on. So I hope this is just a Traffic Glitch today and NOT a bug introduced by this update.

4) Have not yet been out to test my Speed Camera Warnings (I use the .ogg voices), but I hope to goodness I don't have to reset them ALL back up, as other users mention - if so, groan...

5) Voice Input/Voice Recognition DOES seem to be WORKING for me, whereas some have alleged US users state this is now broke (I'm in the UK). But I notice that it doesn't seem HALF AS EXACT as before, and comes with a new corner icon and level of sound indicator that I can't fathom out. Seems a lot less reliable at understanding what I am saying though, but is not broke in general.

I'll report anything further, as I find it...
mcjones56
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 7.480 (9084/080313) without any problems.

'Operate My Go' via Home works fine.

Navigate to Voice Instructions work OK (new graphics in top right corner, seems to be volume indicator, I assume if in the green area then voice is being received properly, if in red then probably being distorted). Also seems to recognise my 'poor' Welsh pronunciation for a few place names (if it can do that then I'm reasonaly pleased Wink).

POI .ogg files for Cameras didn't need reseting, picked up the voices without problem.

Initially after reboot the GoO720 complained about not finding the computer voice I normally use (Computer Tim), but gave me that option as default to use, and it tested and selected OK.

Haven't tried TMC, don't pick up anything around here anyway (Cheshire), will try on journey to Swansea on Thursday (but even then don't normally get a signal until I'm almost at my destination just off the M4 Swansea)

Have noticed that, whereas previously at power on after the 3 seconds pressing the power button the screen used to faintly 'light' up before the boot screen, but now remains dark until the boot screen kicks in.

Regards,

Mike

TomTom Go 720
App 7.480 (9084/080313) OS:3024
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.4106
Map: 'Western_Europe' v710.1561
Peak 8Gb SDHC card Guinness
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN Can't say I envy you. I'm taking Thursday off to go Apple iMac shopping, so my van will be with someone else. Hope it doesn't come back damaged, its got just 250miles on the clock (From a lease company near you Cool )
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update done all went OK for me. Noted changes.

1. Had to reselected Kate voice.

2. Had to re-choose my custom cursor.

3. Did not have to reset camera warnings.

4. Shorter/Smaller GPS strength bars on RH side.

5. Voice recognition works fine, different display though it has a bar that lights up instead of just the back ground changing colour. (It was a fix in the US that the users did to get voice recognition)Thats maybe why theirs does not work anymore.

6. Operate My Go' via Home works fine.

7. My Unit seems to shut down quicker when Off button pressed but it also seems to take longer to start up I have to keep my finger on the button for ages.

All changes seem cosmetic at the moment havn't been out on the road yet.
NA 2GB v8.45

Last edited by Hoppy on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:

4) Have not yet been out to test my Speed Camera Warnings (I use the .ogg voices), but I hope to goodness I don't have to reset them ALL back up, as other users mention - if so, groan...

I've tested this with the new application- the problem still exists. Sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete1336 wrote:
I've tested this with the new application- the problem still exists. Sad

It didn't for me, my custom cursor, TTS voice and POI alerts were all left unaffected.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
DennisN Can't say I envy you. I'm taking Thursday off to go Apple iMac shopping, so my van will be with someone else. Hope it doesn't come back damaged, its got just 250miles on the clock (From a lease company near you Cool )
I've had a phone call tonight to cancel the job for Thursday - real sickener as it was well enough paid to make up for a very bad month so far. My new van only has just over 500 miles on the clock (since last Wednesday).

Anyway, my joys with TT are unbounded. With three devices I was sad to discover that all three had to download the update separately - another degrade of Home - it used to keep whatever it downloaded so it could be used any time.

On all three devices, I lost my computer voice and custom cursor and GAINED that B***** QuickMenu icon for that B***** juke box. I had to download that "file" to use "operate my GO" in Home (but only once, praise be). I have not tested for spoken warnings yet. I don't know if navigation dialogue is better or worse - it didn't recognise Bedwas at all, but did get Leeds first time. I don't like the longer switch on time.

I was offered (and refused) QuickGPSFix. I updated three times for each device and got "tiny" mapshare corrections each time!! Odd when I haven't connected for any mapshare corrections with one of the devices for nearly three months!

Why are we all reporting different results?

Tomorrow (if I get work!) I'll see whether it has made a difference, not only to TMC, but also to hands free. I can dream!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennis it works ok around wales, i go there nearly every day from Chester, Crewe areas to Wales as far as Cardigan, trips in and out but mostly ok.
agolder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issues with mine aside from whats already been reported here;

1. Had to reset computer voice
2. Had to reset car cursor
3. Voice recognition works ok

Still to try;

1. POI camera warnings
2. TMC

It does seem to take longer to boot-up now though?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone who still has VR working after the firmware upgrade to 7.40 please do me a favour? In the asr folder, is there a support_asr.dat file and if so, what are the contents of that file?

(reason I ask is that more & more NA posters are reporting the dl of the firmware and, as a result, VR ceasing to function)

Thanks so much.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see that file in the ASR folder on my 720. It's not in the 7.480.908 .cab file installer either.

ASr still functions though albeit just as poorly as before!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I don't see that file in the ASR folder on my 720. It's not in the 7.480.908 .cab file installer either.

ASr still functions though albeit just as poorly as before!

Thank you. That is very interesting. We in North America had to add that file (with a value of 1) to the North American 720's (along with firmware 7.221 and map of NA of 7.10) to get Voice Recognition to work.

The most recent TT 720's sold in North America have (or had Sad ) VR working straight out of the box. In other words, TT was inserting the file right at the factory.

It seems clear that, for NA users anyway, it appears that we are s.o.l if we want both the new firmware and still have the ability to maintain VR.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: