Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen_EP wrote:
The green circle is now totally different.

WelshFOX wrote:
I have been told by TT not to use this update under any circumstances, they intend to update again very soon.

So my naughty guess about a "fix" was correct - they've stopped it showing lost signal! You've got to laugh.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
biffbang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AusRef wrote:
Same problem as nebula - where are you from? I just posted a ticket to support:

Quote:
Since this installation of this update through HOME, when attempting to choose either a crossing/intersection for navigation (or adding POI), the unit will stop on the "One moment please" screen with the keyboard when prompted to select the second street. Entering text accomplishes nothing - as though there are no streets around. This happens regardless of the suburb and street chosen. It also occurs when choosing a normal address when no street number is entered, and it attempts to prompt for a crossing (where normally I could at least choose Anywhere).

I am using the Australian map (pre-installed).

Same problems since updating to 7.480 using UK (Western Europe) maps. Whenever I try to navigate to a street or poi without housenumbers, I get the "one moment please" message and can't proceed any further. It does not let me select "anywhere" or even a crossing.

How can I revert to my previous software version?

Also having the TMC problems as everyone else has noted. Incidents rarely show up on the sidebar. When I view incident details, TT shows the time and distance TO the delay, and shows the LENGTH of the traffic jam in miles/yards, but no longer shows a delay time.

So, you will get to know that there is a traffic jam "x" miles long ahead, but won't know if it is flowing, stop/start, impassable etc! Useless!
AusRef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffbang wrote:
Same problems since updating to 7.480 using UK (Western Europe) maps. Whenever I try to navigate to a street or poi without housenumbers, I get the "one moment please" message and can't proceed any further. It does not let me select "anywhere" or even a crossing.

TomTom online support sent me a response saying I should delete the 'ttntools' folder from my device in order to fix the problem, and then reinstall the whole application using HOME. Of course, there is no such folder... no response to my follow-up as yet.

So typical of TomTom. I recommend another brand to all my friends and colleagues - any other brand.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, you lot. My stomach is positively aching from laughter at all this. Will you please stop these hilarious posts or I'll have to lock the thread to save my stomach muscles! Mr. Green Joker

wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both the GPRS service as I had some subscription left from my previous device, and the RDS receiver on the 720 and am not mad!!
The previous post is correct because the times are shown next to the incidents with the GPRS sytem on the new software, but are still not shown with the RDS as posted on the screenshots. Yes of course you can not use both systems at the same time as when you plug in the RDS receiver it disables the GPRS system.
This is why I have pestered tomtom support and got them to extend my GRPS system for tweleve months, at their cost, as mine expires this month and tomtom do not appear to be trying to fix the one minute delay issue, and no delay times issues with the RDS system.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Latest Update Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Listen, you lot. My stomach is positively aching from laughter at all this. Will you please stop these hilarious posts or I'll have to lock the thread to save my stomach muscles! Mr. Green Joker

Boy, am I glad I didn't update. Sometimes it pays off to sit on the fence.

Now running a new Apple iMac but won't install TTH (Mac) onto it, I'll use the steam powered Dell instead.

Laughing

Dennis, if you break a rib I know a good Chiro Rolling Eyes
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:
I have both the GPRS service as I had some subscription left from my previous device, and the RDS receiver on the 720 and am not mad!!
The previous post is correct because the times are shown next to the incidents with the GPRS sytem on the new software, but are still not shown with the RDS as posted on the screenshots. Yes of course you can not use both systems at the same time as when you plug in the RDS receiver it disables the GPRS system.
This is why I have pestered tomtom support and got them to extend my GRPS system for tweleve months, at their cost, as mine expires this month and tomtom do not appear to be trying to fix the one minute delay issue, and no delay times issues with the RDS system.

Exactly what I get as well.

I have also noticed this rather misleading feature of RDS-TMC today.

Got in the car, planned a route and then plugged in the TMC.

Within 30 seconds the circle is green, and the screen is showing me that it is up to date or whatever crappy phrase they have replaced the station info with.

BUT

the options to browse the map and see traffic incidents are GREYED OUT!!

mmmm - it hasn't got a signal lock yet but apparently it is up to date!!!!

I kept driving for quarter an hour then I realised something.....

as some of you know I have hard wired my TMC into my car antenna with an aerial socket in the coax so that I can remove it - I HADN'T CONNECTED IT TO MY CAR AERIAL so it had about 6 inch of screened coax coming out of the 'egg' - there is no way this could ever have got a signal lock.

So, I am going to join Mike Alder in cynics corner as TT have bodged the software to make it look like RDS-TMC is working, when it isn't. This explains why we can no longer see what frequency it is locked on to - the chances are it isn't!!! When you get a signal lock it caches the traffic info so you think you are still getting updates long after you have no signal.

So, we now have no delay information, no incidents showing on the sidebar when there are multiple incidents, and the software plain lying to us.

Shame on you TomTom - you must think we are all mugs and forums don't exist!!!

Andy
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot navigate to any POI's or travel via any. Cannot navigate to a street if there are no house numbers on it. The 720 just sits there displaying 'one moment please'
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:
Cannot navigate to any POI's or travel via any. Cannot navigate to a street if there are no house numbers on it. The 720 just sits there displaying 'one moment please'

I had the same problem with POIs but a reset fixed it.
Samsung Galaxy S21
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting time to release a update! don't supose there programers wanted overtime over easter at tripple bubble to get a fix out quick! Greed is Good! mr geko said Laughing Out Loud! I will say tho while on the southern M25 i did get actual updates! so i guess they have addressed some reception issues! and i can confirm dennis clear traffic bar issue, still unsure if the figure under left side of traffic map is delay lenth or time! but it saved me sitting in a long delay on M4 j4 to j5 yesterday as it flashed up just as i got to M25 so managed to jump lanes and watch the traffic build up after an accident! one of our drivers sat there for an hour before he moved again Laughing Out Loud so at least it can work sometimes!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:

This seems a funny one have had it a couple of times now, reset does fix it but it happens again sometimes! the poi's are displayed on the map! so it's not them not loading in! will be making a call to support (questionable title) on tuesday!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
wazzzzupmate wrote:

This seems a funny one have had it a couple of times now, reset does fix it but it happens again sometimes! the poi's are displayed on the map! so it's not them not loading in! will be making a call to support (questionable title) on tuesday!

This is getting to be a real drag! Its happening all the time! Reset because no poi data then reset for street data! took 20mins to program a 4 stop itinerary! if i restore my last back up via home that i created prior to upgrade (upgrade thats a joke) will it put old app back on! Cant believe they released it this broke! do they alpha/beta test at all! Sorry guys for my praise of this app but monday to thursday i have pre done itinerarys and this issue didn't come to my attention till my overtime days friday and saturday except 1 error that reset fixed! now its shocking such a bug slipped through testing! no wonder Tomtom are sugesting people dont use new app! BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO HAVE UPGRADED! Bit too late! Sorry to shout Laughing Out Loud
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This itinerary problem doesn't seem to affect me at all. I can't create one on the computer if that's what you mean? (I don't often do itineraries and can't remember doing them on the PC, so I'm not sure).

Having promised Vera a lovely day out, with picnic, in Wales today (yes, snow, hail, gales due!!) I've just created a bunch of POIs for some pending cameras to check and have created an itinerary on the GO920, 15 places comprising 9 cameras and 6 places to make a nice circuit and it has accepted them.

So are we just talking about itineraries on the PC?

mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
This itinerary problem doesn't seem to affect me at all. I can't create one on the computer if that's what you mean? (I don't often do itineraries and can't remember doing them on the PC, so I'm not sure).

I'm sure pc side is fine, i like to have all my drops programed into an itinerary eg today
kfc coventry st
pizza hut kennington
kfc kendall ave
kfc pinner
3663 Banbury being home and last destination, all i have as poi's! when you go to itinerary on unit and i put in westminster then select kfc instead of a list of kfc's local to westminster all you get is 'ONE MOMENT PLEASE' but when you reset unit there back! happening all the time and BLOODY ANNOYING!!! Laughing Out Loud
nidgey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have foolishly installed it and and backed it up using tomtom home the only problem is I can no longer navigate with spoken or text street names, it won't recognise them.... Unless I use a postcode then it's fine, how can I get the old software back or am I goosed, I've tried asking tomtom but thier site crashes when you try to post an e-mail unsuprisingly...Can anyone offer advice please...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 8 of 26

Jump to: