Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth Range - Expecting to much
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth Range - Expecting to much

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rseymour
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth Range - Expecting to much Reply with quote

I have a 303MMF with the slipper. I use it mainly for walking with MM2004.

I have a daypack that allows me to clip the GPS with Bluetooth slipper inside the bag and run an external MMCX aerial onto the strap that sits under some neoprene on my shoulder. The signal strength is fantastic and the whole lot is nice and safe in the waterproof bag.

The only problem is that I keep losing the Bluetooth connection between my Pocket Loox and the Slipper. Sometimes it will reconnect other times it won’t and I have to go through shutting down the wireless services and restarting yada yada in the hope it will reconnect, a lot of times it doesn't. The slipper isn’t buried in coats in the bag either.

I am a pretty big guy and I guess there is a lot of me between the PDA and the slipper but I can get them talking over distances of 20m and 10-15m through walls.

Can anyone give some advice (apart from lose wait you fat git which has already been suggested).

Thanks Rob
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The human body can do a lot of weird and wonderful things. You can find it acts like more of a block than brick sometimes. I haven't tried the BT Slipper in a coat pocket, but you might want to try this. Failing that, put it in a ziplock freezer style bag, or you can purchase aqua packs that are see through water resistant backs that can be put over the shoulder and you can place a PDA in it to keep it water tight, you may find something like this more appropriate.

The closest GPS to being waterproof I believe is the Holux as it has rubber gromet style flaps covering all locations into the case, but I would still like to see one that's made completely waterproof like the Garmin handhelds.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: