Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 4410 and IPAQ 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 4410 and IPAQ 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Navman 4410 and IPAQ 2210 Reply with quote

Hi I am thinking of buying NAVMAN 4410 and the IPAQ 2210 with a 256 CF card. Does anyone have the same system and have you had any problems running this. I can't make my mind up with regards to TOM TOM 2 Or NAVMAN and whether to gor for the CF or the MMC card. Can anyone help.

As I am new to navigational systems I will be getting the software installed. But I 've read so many problems on the forums that it make me wonder if I will be able to use the system. Although I feel I am a competent IT user this is just so baffeling.

Mohan
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worry not, that's a good solution and will work well. As for the choice between TomTom and Navman that really is a personal preference. If you place importance on the ability to use custom POI's such as the Safety Camera database or even creating your own then choose TomTom.

As for CF or MMC or SD then unless you have a requirement to use the CF slot for another device i.e. WiFi etc then choose the solution on price BUT it is worth mentioning that SD has more issues and avoid Sandisk branded cards completely.

It all be becomes a lot simpler once you have the kit and can relate to it, the systems are very simple to operate once set-up and we will of course be here to answer Q's and bring you up to speed Smile
Mohan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks Darren for your advice. Just having visited the forum again. I am getting more confused. I thought if I get BT it would be more convenient and less wires to clutter the car. But i just read a reply in the forum that batteries in the BT GPS's don't last too long and that you could be left with nothing.

Are there places/shops wher you can see these products or get a demo in a car?

Mohan[/quote]
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located? We have a GPS get together planned in North Hants on Sun 28th Mar which would be a good opportunity to meet us and see some kit.

As for BT GPS, the Navman uses 3xAAA batteries so it's not an issue (unless you use it with rechargeable AAA's), others that have built-in rechargeable batteries have charge cycles of 1000 or more which is a conservative 24mths use at least. They range from 6 -20 hrs between charges as well depending on which one you choose.

You can of course power the Navman 4410 in-car with a 12v cable as you can with most of the others.
Mohan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Many Thanks Reply with quote

Hi Darren, Thanks for your offer of 28th March for a visit to Hants. I am in Bradford west Yorkshire is there anywhere nearer here where I can see the two systems working. That is Tom tom 2 and Navman 2 wit possibly IPAQ 2210. Both wireless?

I have just down loaded the comparission from the GPS website to have alook but there is nothing like the real thing and someone you can aske questions.

I wanted Tom Tom initially until someone told me Nav man has postcode facility and map of Europe too. Now I understand Tom Tom have Postcode and Europe? Also Tom Tom has a databsae and speed camera info. Whic is the better and more reliable and up to date system that will work with 2210?

Can you Please advise.

Kind regards

Mohan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: