Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - S90i Custom POI's ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

S90i Custom POI's ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough but any comparison you make between Navman's data and ours is rather pointless if you are comparing with data that is 2yrs old wouldn't you agree?
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: POIs Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
If not try deleting the Navman\POI directory

Custom POIs do not go into "POIs" directory, they go into "database" directory. If you delete "database" that will also destroy all your NavPix information (information about photos you've set as Show On Map or assigned to a category will be lost). You can copy your NavPix to the card first, though.

If you decide to delete "database" then you should also delete "icons" and "photos" as data in those directories will become orphaned and useless. Photos that you've taken with on-board camera will survive this as they all end up "My Documents" -- "photos" contains just those that you've downloaded from PC or copies of those that you've taken with on-board camera and then assigned to categories or set Show On Map for.

Best not to touch any of this unless you really think you have to.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Data Reply with quote

Darren, I've never really compared the two

The facts are

Navman data is, in my experience, very accurate and up to date, with the exception of mobile speed cameras. It is also directional and speed sensitive

PGPSW data has many more incidents of cameras located, especially mobile and is updated more regularly

HOWEVER, I found MYSELF ignoring then turning off the PGPSW data because it alerted me too often, for my driving pattern - it tend not to speed, and am not on the verge of a ban if the unlikely event happened I got caught

I like the reminders my Navman gives me and because they are less frequent (ie. tend to be fixed cameras), I take more notice of them

IF i had a high level of points, I would certainly switch to and recommend the PGPSW site as it seems, in my opinion to be a cover-all. Ie. it has all the fixed, and all the mobile points covered exceptionally well

So i guess it depends on your situation and how you drive

For me, Navman data gives me just the right amount of information

For others, you have more data. Without question.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: PGPSW Database Purge Reply with quote

Quote:
We have decided to have a purge on the mobile databases and remove any cameras that have not been reported as 'seen again' in a set period of time.

Since 14th January 2007 we have requested people resubmit EVERY mobile site that they see even when it is already in the database the aim being that we can then remove any inactive sites.

It has been decided that we will start with the pMobile files by removing 809 cameras that have not been 'seen again' in the last 6 months.

In the next few months we will do the same but with the main Mobile file - however you MUST report any mobile sites you have seen recently as at the moment around 6,000 sites in the Mobile database have not been reported as 'seen again' in the last 6 months (5,500 in last 12 months) and may face deletion

What a great idea - makes the PGPSW database attractive to customers like me again, and will re-affirm the database as not only the most comprehensive (which it is), but realistic and bearable too!

Really must consider re-newing my subs now...!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: