Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The ASR folder
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The ASR folder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: The ASR folder Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what files should be in the ASR folder and is there a way of deleting all contents and then getting the correct files i need for my 720.
The reason i ask is due to the voice recognition which constantly fails, it appears that the mic aint working due to the symbol at the top not blinking as you speak. If i add the original files that were supplied with it, the speech recognition works again. I just wonder why. I just do the normal Home, GPS fix and speed cams update(the Pocket GPS ones, which i know have nothing to do with it)
Oh and by the way, i don't really use the feature, i just try and demonstrate it to other people who aint got it. But every now and then i realize that neither do I
I would prefer to start off with an empty folder and get what i need by doing something else other than the original folder so i know that it is only using the more up to date files
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what my 720 contained Day01 - it is possibly different now though due to updates of the software etc - Mike

bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been comparing the files and both asr folders are reading same amount as yours, the bytes in properties when checking both of mine are reading exactly the same.
I have uploaded the 2 files named ASRoriginal and ASRnotworking in a zip (13.8mb) file to

http://www.2shared.com/file/2948069/84caeecb/ASR_files.html

just backup your existing ASR folder and can a few people try these 2 files (one at a time just renaming the unzipped files to just ASR)
Can anyone spot any difference when looking at the contents and do you also get the one file working and not the other, when trying the speech recognition? it just appears that the mic is broken

For those who wont try out on their unit can you just try and spot any difference between the 2

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: