Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce new GO 930, 730 and 530 at CeBIT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce new GO 930, 730 and 530 at CeBIT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an update that came through Tomtom Home, thats all I know, sorry.

Apparently it did not support SDHC when it first came out and this update allowed it to work to a certain degree, as some of you have found out you cant write to a 16gb SDHC card but it does work on a new 4gb SDHC card I have in the unit now, not sure if it will go higher but dont want to waste anymore money to find out!

The update is under Show Contents then Applications in Tomtom Home and says that you can see what the changes are at www.tomtom.com/6141 but you cant as the page does not work, no suprise there then!

If you have updated your device it will probably be on there already.

Just an update on the new map situation.

I am still wating on the maps and have had to send off by email an invoice, the type of maps I have, screenshots of all the maps taken from Tomtom Home, the serial number of the unit and the device code.

I did this all on Thursday so I guess it will take a few days to sort out theirend, we shall see if it works!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tel33 wrote:
It was an update that came through Tomtom Home, thats all I know, sorry.

Apparently it did not support SDHC when it first came out and this update allowed it to work to a certain degree, as some of you have found out you cant write to a 16gb SDHC card but it does work on a new 4gb SDHC card I have in the unit now, not sure if it will go higher but dont want to waste anymore money to find out!

The update is under Show Contents then Applications in Tomtom Home and says that you can see what the changes are at www.tomtom.com/6141 but you cant as the page does not work, no suprise there then!

That page (actually http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6141&Lid=1) is just TomTom's attempt at a list of recent software changes. No mention of introducing SDHC support.
As all of the x20 models use the same software and my early model 720 could use SDHC cards perfectly well from the very first v7 software release that it came with, I still can't see how a 920 would need an update. When you say "Apparently..." are you quoting something they said?

As we said 4GB is the max for reliable read and write to the card. If you just want to use it for storage of mp3s etc, you can go to 8 or 16GB
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a review of the 920T that I saw it on, I will try and find it again.

Found it:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-go-920t-a2840.php

I did not think I was dreaming! Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall the specifics but am fairly certain that whilst there was limited SDHc functionality out of the box, TomTom did improve this support as part of an update?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the box when first introduced the 520 and 720 did not work correctly with SDHC, an update was issued to enable the device to support this type of memory card, I would have thought the 920 was SDHC compliant though as it was released much later than the 520/ 720 units - Mike
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Mike loved the video!
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for the new map guarantee!

I can feel trading standards coming on! Laughing Out Loud
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

For my money, I'd prefer them to give us the facility to input our own driving profile -

I couldn't agree more about having driving profile but I was more thinking about a hgv/caravan mode type where you would at least then not be offered unsuitable routes and would avoid narrow country lanes etc as much as possible and if you even then move sliders to show your own preference to each road type.
gepree
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
Dont forget the M25 at Junction 5 where the motorway peels off to the left or the junction of the M42 where you join from the right... We have some confusing junctions in the UK too...

Although to be fair, both of these junctions as originally planned would have had the mainline motorway carry straight on in the standard way.

At M25 Junction 5, the M25 was originally planned to continue to the M20 along what is now the M26.

http://www.cbrd.co.uk/histories/ringways/map/2_09.shtml

At M42 Junction 3A (the M40 junction) the M42 (albeit possibly with a different number) would have continued south to M5 Junction 8 (the M50 junction).

http://www.pathetic.org.uk/unbuilt/strensham_solihull_motorway/
davecrowley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

Does anyone know if the new x30 models FULLY support read / write to SDHC bigger than 4 Gb ?

Thanks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecrowley wrote:
Hi There,

Does anyone know if the new x30 models FULLY support read / write to SDHC bigger than 4 Gb ?

Thanks.

Until we get some to test no-one can answer that.
Tommyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Software Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
It would be nice to see the announcement of new software to make our "Old" 520/720/920 units display mapping and guidance like these screen shots. We can only dream I suppose.

Rolling Eyes

Dream??! I'm still using my trusty classic - Laughing Out Loud!!

Interface etc looks good tho - Thumbs up on that one
griffo86
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to reading some reviews on these as they look rather tasty. Very Happy
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: At last! Reply with quote

At long last!

I have finally got the new maps, after much emailing and phoning they have let me have the new v715 maps of North America and Western and Central Europe through the latest map guarantee system.

The motto is keep on pressing them, they really dont have a choice! Very Happy
sixhundred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IQ sounds like a great step forward. As I understand it's integrated into the map and I presume a new machine software update will be also be required.

Therefore will it be available on TomTom One V3s?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: