Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Camera alerts - every update resets the tone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Camera alerts - every update resets the tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramases
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: PGPSW Camera alerts - every update resets the tone Reply with quote

I have a TT One V2 with v7.x software. Every time I update the device (QuickFix, PGPSW POIs or Camera database) the audio tone I get for the cameras resets to "Bell 1" despite it being set to something else. Every time I do an update I have to go back into the device and manually change it back again and it is getting to be a real pain. Any idea why this is and how I can stop it happening?

TIA.

(P.S. I've searched for this topic but couldn't find a thread, but if it has been debated before, I apologise!)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a known issue with TT HOME. The simple fix is to take a backup of mapsettings.cfg after you have the warnings as you wish them (it can be found in the map folder). If your settings get reset, copy the file back to your device and they will be restored.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My long thread on this very thing can be found:

HERE

BUT... since then, and following some of the advice given, I have found something curious out...

I base the fact that it has 'reset' my sounds to "bell 1" on the basis that afterwards, if I go back into the POI Warning Sounds Settings menu (as it stupidly doesn't give you a "view current settings" type option, you can only 'check' by pretending to reset), and check my sounds, it highlights bell 1 for the Speed Camera POI's.

For my other POI's such as Burger King etc, however, if I go back over them, it highlights the sound as whatever sound I had chosen for it.

So I ASSUMED this meant that for the Cameras, and thus the ones that show "Bell 1" that it had reverted to bell 1.

HOWEVER, from limited testing, it seems that this is NOT actually what is happening in a real world situation, and that the correct custom sound IS still sounding.

But as I say, my testing is LIMITED, as the only real proof would be to drive past every single different type, AND speed, of camera.

(And I HAVE since made sure TT Home is not running when I do the backups mentioned in my thread).

It LOOKS however, as if it is keeping the settings correct though mate - so are you saying this based on hearing a different noise, or based on what the device highlights as the current sound chosen, if you go back into the menus to check.

I have no idea why for some POI's however, it 'shows' you the correct sound, if you 'check' it, but for the Speed Camera ones only, it shows the first item, bell 1.

So look into this a bit more first mate, see if you actually have a problem in a real world sense, or just how TT 'seems' to show this in the menus.[/url]
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a common problem. It seems to be made more likely by repeated connections to Home, but it did it to me today (first time in ages) without having been connected to the PC at all.
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
HOWEVER, from limited testing, it seems that this is NOT actually what is happening in a real world situation, and that the correct custom sound IS still sounding.

Not on mine it's not, definately goes to bell 1. Mad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As suggested, just keep a good copy of MapSettings.cfg on your PC and also on the TT itself (outside the map folder, where it will be ignored). Then you can copy it back into the map folder whenever it gets messed up.
Ramases
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
My long thread on this very thing can be found:

HERE

BUT... since then, and following some of the advice given, I have found something curious out...

I base the fact that it has 'reset' my sounds to "bell 1" on the basis that afterwards, if I go back into the POI Warning Sounds Settings menu (as it stupidly doesn't give you a "view current settings" type option, you can only 'check' by pretending to reset), and check my sounds, it highlights bell 1 for the Speed Camera POI's.

For my other POI's such as Burger King etc, however, if I go back over them, it highlights the sound as whatever sound I had chosen for it.

So I ASSUMED this meant that for the Cameras, and thus the ones that show "Bell 1" that it had reverted to bell 1.

But as I say, my testing is LIMITED, as the only real proof would be to drive past every single different type, AND speed, of camera.

(And I HAVE since made sure TT Home is not running when I do the backups mentioned in my thread).

It LOOKS however, as if it is keeping the settings correct though mate - so are you saying this based on hearing a different noise, or based on what the device highlights as the current sound chosen, if you go back into the menus to check.

I have no idea why for some POI's however, it 'shows' you the correct sound, if you 'check' it, but for the Speed Camera ones only, it shows the first item, bell 1.

So look into this a bit more first mate, see if you actually have a problem in a real world sense, or just how TT 'seems' to show this in the menus.[/url]

OK - As far as I can see, it is only the camera alerts that are changed by connecting to TT Home (though I don't have very many other alerts set), but the cameras are DEFINITELY changed - it isn't just an appearance of change! I've had to reset them sooooooooo many times I know it's a real issue.

I have tried the suggestion (elsewhere) of keeping a copy the mapsettings.cfg file and copying it back, but it didn't help. I will give it another go though.

I see there is another thread on this running now, but there seems to be no fix out there yet ....... when are TT going to sort it out I wonder?

Cheers.
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info of my experiences with this annoying problem.

I have a Go520 Western Europe 710 running on 7.221 app.

I have all the above problems but mine resets every time i connect with or without TTH or even when i reset because TMC RDS wont sync. The sound always reverts to beep1 (big ben chime), And yes i have tried copying config file as well.

I always used Beep 5 the star trek red alert sound but even thats changed when i manage to hear it Laughing Out Loud.

If anyone has a fix for this please put us out of our misery.

All tomtom support have said is try the clear flash which i have several times. The last i had from them is send it back which is a pain too as i use it all the time.

TIA

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: