Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed cams alerts for the s90i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed cams alerts for the s90i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: speed cams alerts for the s90i Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the average on how many yards or feet should I select the speed cams on the S90i & have anyone experienced the speed cam alerts sounds being intermittent. They show up on the screen but no sound.
Thanks
Martin

Just be truthful and follow your heart
Life is how you make it

I'm forever blowing bubbles

I'm now a happy Garman Man
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: speed cams alerts for the s90i Reply with quote

Martin4Jay wrote:
Can anyone tell me the average on how many yards or feet should I select the speed cams on the S90i & have anyone experienced the speed cam alerts sounds being intermittent. They show up on the screen but no sound.
Thanks
Martin

It's your choice how far ahead you wish to be warned. My ViaMichelin warns me at one km. On my N20, I have it set at 220yards.

Have you enabled sounds on your device: see page 81 in the S range Manual. What do youmean by intermittent? Do they work somtimes or not at all?
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's your choice how far ahead you wish to be warned. My ViaMichelin warns me at one km. On my N20, I have it set at 220yards. Thanks

Have you enabled sounds on your device: see page 81 in the S range Manual. What do youmean by intermittent? Do they work somtimes or not at all?

Hi Gee-Pee
With an audible alert & With a visual alert I have them ticked.

What do you mean by intermittent? Do they work somtimes or not at all?

I can see the Icones of the safety camara but no sound they are (yellow)
And the Safety Camera (Red Light) works Rolling Eyes
Thanks
Martin

Life is how you make it

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin4Jay wrote:
Quote:
It's your choice how far ahead you wish to be warned. My ViaMichelin warns me at one km. On my N20, I have it set at 220yards. Thanks

Hi Gee-Pee
With an audible alert & With a visual alert I have them ticked.

What do you mean by intermittent? Do they work somtimes or not at all? I don't have a S90 and I know that they are different to mine. I set the alerts both when I load the Camera POIs in the Desktop software and I check on the device to ensure that every one is ticked.

I can see the Icones of the safety camara but no sound they are (yellow)
And the Safety Camera (Red Light) works Rolling Eyes
Thanks
Martin

Quote:
With an audible alert & With a visual alert I have them ticked

Just checking - have you been through ALL the cameras and ticked the audio alert for all of them? If it is only one particular type of camera, then it's more than likely that somewhere the audio alert has not been activated. If the others work then it does not seem to be a sound fault on the S90. The yellow camera is a standard Gatso type. Could be the preinstalled Navman camera or the Custom cameras you have installed. It's likely that you could have two sets (pre and custom) POIs so look to see if the audio alert is ticked on both of them. (Page 81 of your Manual)
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just checking - have you been through ALL the cameras and ticked the audio alert for all of them? If it is only one particular type of camera, then it's more than likely that somewhere the audio alert has not been activated. If the others work then it does not seem to be a sound fault on the S90. The yellow camera is a standard Gatso type. Could be the preinstalled Navman camera or the Custom cameras you have installed. It's likely that you could have two sets (pre and custom) POIs so look to see if the audio alert is ticked on both of them. (Page 81 of your Manual)

Thanks Gee-Pee I done a crazy thing I unticked the cameras and ticked them & do a reset on the unit, so what I going to do I'm are going out later to see if I get sound on the Gatso
Cheers

Life is how you make it

Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gee-Pee,
I took a trip out today in Weston-Super-Mare Somerset and the Gatso cameras (yellow) worked but sometimes it didn't some of the cameras are facing the wrong way when we got a warning.
Surprised

I did not do a reset as I thought I would try it out first. do you think I should do this Question

I also notice that the speed warning is way out when I put a warning 70mph on motorway it gave a warning at 80mph so I have to set it 60mph on motorways and 50mph on main roads Shocked

Quote:
Could be the reinstalled Navman camera or the Custom cameras you have installed.

I have not downloaded any custom cameras yet only the Navmans from the DVD

Cheers

Life is how you make it

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin4Jay wrote:
Hi Gee-Pee,
I took a trip out today in Weston-Super-Mare Somerset and the Gatso cameras (yellow) worked but sometimes it didn't some of the cameras are facing the wrong way when we got a warning.
Surprised

That's normal to get cameras facing wrong way. If you look on the road for the markings, you may see them on both sides so that cameras can be rotated. Also the device sometimes does not know if you are approaching or departing from the site. Not very consistent sometimes Crying or Very sad

I did not do a reset as I thought I would try it out first. do you think I should do this Question

No harm in doing a soft reset. Anyway, sometimes you need to turn it off (power off) which is the same as doing a hard reset. Just means that when you restart it, you will have to accept the statement again. it shouldn't harm the device.

I also notice that the speed warning is way out when I put a warning 70mph on motorway it gave a warning at 80mph so I have to set it 60mph on motorways and 50mph on main roads Shocked

That's normal if you are using the GPS to give you a warning for the speed shown on your speedometer. Car speedos are about 10% high. The speed shown on your GPS is very accurate. When I am doing 70mps as shown by my GPS, the speedo is showing about 77mph.

Quote:
Could be the reinstalled Navman camera or the Custom cameras you have installed.

I have not downloaded any custom cameras yet only the Navmans from the DVD

Cheers

Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Gee-Pee for you help on the matter it's been apriceated.
Cheers Smile

Life is how you make it

alexpj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: SP causing loss of Audible Alerts? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I seem to have lost the audible alerts to the speed, er.. safety, cameras after upgrading to the new service pack. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I haven't subscribed to the monthly updates yet and wondered whether when the voice sound files were removed the alert files were removed too?

I noticed that the direction person now pronounces the A roads as "Ah" rather than "Ay" as they used to!

Thanks in advance.

Al.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: SP causing loss of Audible Alerts? Reply with quote

alexpj wrote:
Hi all,

I seem to have lost the audible alerts to the speed, er.. safety, cameras after upgrading to the new service pack. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I haven't subscribed to the monthly updates yet and wondered whether when the voice sound files were removed the alert files were removed too?

I noticed that the direction person now pronounces the A roads as "Ah" rather than "Ay" as they used to!

Thanks in advance.Al.

Have you checked your device to ensure that Activate Alerts is ticked and all the Speed/Safety cams are activated ? Worth connecting to your desktop and go to the POs and ensure that they are all checked there as well.
alexpj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: SP causing loss of Audible Alerts? Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

Have you checked your device to ensure that Activate Alerts is ticked and all the Speed/Safety cams are activated ? Worth connecting to your desktop and go to the POs and ensure that they are all checked there as well.

Follow the first bit .. these are the standard supplied versions and everything is switched on as it was. I've also switched them off and then on again to try that.

Not sure about the second bit: the custom POI's are empty as I haven't/hadn't any - couldn't find the camera's anywhere else.

Thanks.

Al.
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I rang Navman the other day the telephonist told me that You will only receive an alert if you drive at 80% or more of the speed limit. If you drive at less then 80% of the speed limit, you will not be troubled by an unnecessary alert, ensuring your full attention stays on the road ahead.

For example, if you are travelling at 24mph in a 30 speed limit zone you will receive an audio alert, but if you are travelling at less than 24mph you will not.
So I was glad that I did not do a reset Rolling Eyes
Hope this help
Cheers
Smile

Life is how you make it

alexpj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin4Jay wrote:
When I rang Navman the other day the telephonist told me that You will only receive an alert if you drive at 80% or more of the speed limit. If you drive at less then 80% of the speed limit, you will not be troubled by an unnecessary alert, ensuring your full attention stays on the road ahead.

For example, if you are travelling at 24mph in a 30 speed limit zone you will receive an audio alert, but if you are travelling at less than 24mph you will not.
So I was glad that I did not do a reset Rolling Eyes
Hope this help
Cheers
Smile

bl**dy H*ll! Now I know I'm getting old!

Thanks Martin.
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Navman 90i Reply with quote

I thought I would pass this email on as a reference to a reset.
but can I suggest to to do a full backup before you add anything to your Navman.
No problem alexpj Laughing
Cheers
Martin

Dear Martin ,
Reinstall the software on the pc and follow the procedure below :
connect the unit to pc /my computer / mobile device / delete the Navman folder and in program file the Navman folder
disconnect and reset the unit(press the turn on button for 10 sec )
turn the unit on it will appear on the screen the usb port spinning
connect the unit and go to tools /reinstall soft on Navman
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Life is how you make it

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: