Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 520 showing actual position of vehicle about 100 yards out
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

520 showing actual position of vehicle about 100 yards out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny_D
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike - I did wonder this.

JD
Bloody Superb PGPSW Camera Database.
Not much else!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

It entails or involves a "Non Disclosure Agreement" which I'm not about to disclose!

Too late, you disclosed it! Razz
Although surely you ARE allowed to disclose the fact you can't disclose anything?
Evildeus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, New member, yes same happened to me driving along the A2 coast bound from london, for all the jouney into Medway City, Next morning everything seemed ok.
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks
I have done 800 miles in the last three days and my 720 has been spot on and never put a foot wrong.
I spent a large part of the weekend driving in large cities and if my 720 had put me two hundred yards out of position I would have been in a right pickle. But as I said, it didn’t and up to this point in time it never has.

Why do people use the GPSquickfix option? Gawd knows. My device only took seconds to get its fixes without that kind of assistance.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is everyone who is having this problem running v715 map??????
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

portman wrote:

Nope. I've experienced it with North America 7.10.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

portman wrote:

No, when this was happening to me, I was using v710 WE.

Now I have a new unit with v715, as well as NO QuickGPSFix updates however, so TWO variables have changed since i last had this problem, should it not occur again...
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this topic last week & thought I'm lucky it has not happened with my 520..........until last night !,to start with I was 6 cars lenghts to the left then the same to the right ,then to far back & finally to far forward,can only put it down to having used the quick fix on sunday night via the home page,I did another quick fix via my mobile and slowly it came back on to the correct position,this morning have just tried it out side my house and its spot on again.thats my input to the problem My thought it is the quick fix doing it.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one function I've noticed that hasn't been mentioned is Automatic Zooming.

I've got it enabled, I've got the latest QuickFix data downloaded and my TTG720 hasn't wavered in the slightest, not the slightest bit out, well apart from the diversion on the A3 towards Hindhead, but that's to be expected due to the major roadworks there.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I've got zooming enabled too (that's the default isn't it?) and it's been wandering off course on several evening journeys home. Always spot-on in the morning though.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what!

I've just docked my TTG and it downloaded the latest Quickfix and it says I'm now 65yds away from home despite the fact that I'm sitting in the front room of my house! Shocked
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
Guess what!

I've just docked my TTG and it downloaded the latest Quickfix and it says I'm now 65yds away from home despite the fact that I'm sitting in the front room of my house! Shocked

Thought I read that Britain just had an earthquake a couple of days ago. Maybe, your house has moved? Laughing

Nah, probably not ...
Philgo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if the contents of the ephem folder is deleted, will the TomTom then show it's correct position. Surely anyone with this problem can try that, then then quickfix will be found guilty or innocent.
lowie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Not quickfix Reply with quote

Just to add to the debate. My TT920T has just come back from Amsterdam having had a new case fitted due to problems with staining from the "Deluxe Leather Case". Only took 6 weeks to repair!!

I digress. I haven't applied any updates via Home so no gpxfix has been applied since Mid January. Used it on the way home tonight and it went all over the place putting me on a road I wasn't on. When I finally arrived home it showed my location to be about 200 yards out.

Checked the unit when I got home and TT have not made any changes to the software whilst it has been in for repair so the QuickGPSfix hasn't been applied.

However as a test I have restored the backup I took when I first bought the unit without any changes or addition applied. Switched on and the position immediately put me out again by 200 yards. Even better when I checked the time sync it was 12 hours behind and still is despite leaving the unit on for a couple of hours.

So it would seem there are inherent problems with the satellites not the software. Unless it is a problem with the gps chip in the unit.

Checking the position every couple of mins and it is changing depending on the amount of satellites that have a fix but still not at the right location.

Look like this will be going back again but this time I think it will be a case of getting my money back and taking my SatNav business elsewhere.

It's not the first unit I've had that hasn't had some kind of problem.

TT need to do something miraculous to keep me and many other disgruntled users from going elsewhere.

Oh and just to add to this I've used TomTom in some form or another since V3 on a Pocket PC. I have never had any problems until I got my first Go x20 last August. That was a 720 which had to be returned for a new speaker.

Just seems to be bad workmanship all round on these units. Sad Sad Sad
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philgo wrote:
What happens if the contents of the ephem folder is deleted, will the TomTom then show it's correct position. Surely anyone with this problem can try that, then then quickfix will be found guilty or innocent.
My Ephem Folder is always empty and it has no problem getting a fix and, so far, I've always been correctly located. Smile

lowie wrote:
Even better when I checked the time sync it was 12 hours behind and still is despite leaving the unit on for a couple of hours.
Sync will only adjust the Minutes, not the Hours, which you have to do to allow for the Time Zone difference.

It might be 12 hours ahead. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: