Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 'POI Sounds' Constantly Resetting - Bloody Sick. Any Advice?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

'POI Sounds' Constantly Resetting - Bloody Sick. Any Advice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, sorry to cross-post but I didn't see this thread originally. Mods, please delete the other thread if possible.

I had started a new thread which says:
HappyTrucker wrote:
I've tried to download some new warning sounds for my POIs using HOME (I know, but it sometimes it does what it's supposed to). I've downloaded them, and installed to device but when I choose the sound it asks "is this the sound you want" but doesn't play it back. Also, I tried an Explosion sound but it plays back as a Big Ben type bell. this seems to be similar to the OP's problem - the sound is resetting to the first in the list: Big Ben in the case of a GO910

Are the new warning sounds not compatible with the x10s or Navcore pre 7.221?

I've tried everything I can think of, but I cannot get any of the new warning sounds available via HOME to be assigned to a POI warning. I've renamed my MapSettings.cfg to MapSettings.old and created a new MapSettings.cfg file. No difference. I don't really want to run the FlashClear tool (if it will work on a 910 anyway) because it says you need your product ID card in case you need to reactivate your maps - and I can't find mine right now. My filing stinks Embarassed

I know I can record the new sounds and convert them to OGG and rename them to match the POI name, but I would like the option of changing them occasionally, when not near a PC. And TBH I like the fact that they appear in a list of sounds to select from...

I'm starting to think that a few of the features in v7 software may not be fully OK with the older systems.

Anyway, if anyone can take us any further forward I'd appreciate it.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've replied in the other topic HERE

I haven't downloaded any sounds using "Home" yet, maybe I'd better try it so see what the pitfalls are.
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The .cfg file contains the settings for the POI Warnings and also the actuall spoken alert text that you manually enter if using Text To Speech.
The bongs, bells etc are stored in the data.chk file, this file comprises of all the individual sounds within the single file.
If you want to see this and check it for yourself open the files using a hex edit application scroll down to the end of the cfg file to find some of the tts text you entered - Mike

So i am guessing you cannot rename the Beep files then?

Unless you know how to edit Hex files.

Dave
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"HappyTrucker", I've posted more news on Home sounds downloads and how they work in the other topic, HERE.
To be honest, that topic is a better place to continue, as it is about your specific problem rather than someone else's reflections on a different (and already known about) issue....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: