Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No spoken sound from TT 520T any ideas?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No spoken sound from TT 520T any ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: No spoken sound from TT 520T any ideas? Reply with quote

A mate of mine called me earlier asking for my advice, he has a TomTom 520T and normally when he switches it on a few seconds later it tells him he is connected to his phone (for handsfree calling) but today it didn't say anything but just connected, and now there is no spoken directions either. I did ask the obvious if it was muted but he said its not and that he has been through the menus but cant see anything wrong, althought I think he can still use the handsfree calling feature okay but I'm not certain

I tried to search the forum looking for a similar problem but havn'e found anything maybe I havent narowed my search enough but thought I might as well ask if this a common problem, if so what the solution.

It set to the computer voice and I know it was working fine last night as I was looking at his new v715 map he downloaded yesterday.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Change Preferences/ Speaker Preferences and make sure both menu pages are set to internal speaker, he might have set it to FM transmitter or Line out if playing around - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also "disable voice" in Voice preferences, and a whole set of options in "Speech preferences" on the same menu page.
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnks for your help guys, I went to my mates house last night armed with a printout of your advice. He had already taken my earlier advice of trying a reset and well that worked perfectly, guess she just needed to clear her throat after all. Laughing
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing happen to me today with my 520. I think it happened after a phone call that did not connect, no voice directions or anything else. I did not clear itself until I switched off and then on again. It then rebooted and was ok.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has a habit of doing this when I have had a handsfree call via bluetooth and the other person can't hear me on the call. I have had a 520, 3 720s and a 920 and they all do the same.

It seems to be worse with FM transmitter enabled, it seems the sound module gets stuck - hard resets have cured it for a week or so but there seems to be an underlying problem with Bluetooth handsfree that completely messes up the sound. Usually after it happens you power off the TT and it does a reboot and loses all of the settings including the planned route!

I have given up logging it with TT and have come to the conclusion that Bluetooth handsfree just doesn't work - as long as I leave Bluetooth disabled it doesn't do it.

Andy
MikeMcr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with a new 930T so they still have not fixed this. Yesterday I must have reset the device 4 or 5 times to get the voice back; very annoying.

In my case it only seems to happen when I use the computer voice. The standard voices work fine but I prefer the extra prompts of the computer voice.

When the voice cuts out it is as if the speaker software has crashed and only a soft reset brings it back.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: