Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sat-navs blamed once again
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat-navs blamed once again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalek wrote:
Thanks for that, and what an excellent job you do. I use you database to convert OV2 (UK & Europe) to the IGO format.

What cam database format does the IGO software use. I know that Mio is based in Igo, and they use the .mtc file type for the speedcams. PGPSW provide the .mtc format and this includes the direction data that the MIO uses to prevent false alarms. Take the MioMap CE from the first dropdown.
Welcome tho the PGPSW forums Welcome
dalek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: IGO 2006+ camera database format Reply with quote

The igo format is a .txt file but for convenience I download the OV2 (tomtom) files and use a program called Export2Igo. I found the IGO Explorer & POI Updater rubbish (I won't be buying another year of subscription to that xxxx) Basically you copy or drag your OV2 files in the indicated folder then import them to the relevant type of camera, whether Gatso , Timed (SPECS in this country) mobile etc.etc. I think that program is up to Export2Igo3.2 Very Happy Then you convert, and copy the comtents (speedcamtext.txt) and place in you Igo folder, on the SD/miniSD card, under POI, speedcam. Delete whatever is already in there. (make back as usual before this just in case). The next time you use IGo go to the settings, general and tick the relevant boxes/setting for warnings. Smile
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalek
The point that I was trying to make is that the MioMap version (3.2) of the Igo software uses camera directional data to stop the cams 'on the other side of the road' from alarming. The Mio .mtc file has the directional data in it, but I dont think that the TT OV2 file has (because TT does not use it).
If your IGO software uses camera direction data, and needs a text file containing this data, then if you download the MIO CE .mtc zip file, it has within it a .csv file of all the data which could possibly be renamed to .txt and used in the Igo.
Of course, the Mio interpretation of the speedcam handling may not be based on the Igo S/W
dalek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might try that *.mtc download you suggest and let you know if it does work on the IGO. I have never heard of an mtc extension before. Some cameras around here are turned around periodically or even look at the opposite side of the road (I was caught by one on a dual carriageway). Looking forward to IGO8. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: