Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with Checkpoint 3.2 running on PPC2003
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Checkpoint 3.2 running on PPC2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tweak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Problem with Checkpoint 3.2 running on PPC2003 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently installed Checkpoint 3.2 on my IPAQ 5450 running 2003. Initially, everthing worked fine. However, now when I start Checkpoint, the small icon appears in the bottom right-hand corner but when I click on it, the configuration menu will not open. I've also noticed that if I start something like calendar and then go back to the "today" screen, the Chekpoint icon will have disappeared. If I then start Checkpoint again, it puts the icon back in the bottom right-hand corner but with a blank space to the right of it as if there is an invisible icon there.

I've tried un-installing and re-installing, soft resets and the like but none of this has fixed the problem.

Can anyone help?

regards,

Richard.
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m running Checkpoint on an ipaq 1940 with tomtom2. I thought i had a problem with it as it seemed to hang on startup. I would press the icon you mentioned and eventually I would get a complete system lock up which only a soft reset would would solve. By accident i discovered that the problem i have seems to be the time it takes to launch the app. I timed it and it takes 2 minutes to start (tomtom2 is set up to start on launch of checkpoint.) starting tomtom from start>tomtom gets it up and running in 10 seconds. From this it would seem that checkpoint is starting up but taking an age to do so. I dont have solution, just my own observation. Try it and see if it will start after waiting, be patient it may take a couple minutes depending on your processor. If this is the case it could be a bug in the program or just my setup. You could try launching tomtom manually and then starting checkpoint.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: