Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle_Albert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

I have a Tom Tom one V3
Just paid my years sub to the camera data base. Having problems loading it via Tom Tom Home.
Your instructions on how to load via TT Home seem to show the old version of the Home programme The new one is all icons and not as clearly laid out as the old version and the file preference to which you advise loading the camera data base onto is not there in the latest version. I have used the OV2 route and they are on my unit, but I would prefer to use Home. Any ideas please.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use the Home version then you extract the files to the downloads folder instead of the extra folder listed in the TT 1 download. Then connect to TT 2 and you will see them there.

I would suggest the ov.2 way though. It is alot easier, just a matter of copy and paste. Hope this is of help though. Any other problems just ask.
Wink
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Uncle_Albert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Ian. Just thought that GPS World may be interested. Can I ask you on another issue as you are shown as "Experienced!!" The red light warnngs show on the maps as red, amber and green. However when I approach one and the warning flashes in the top left hand corner of the screen giving the distance etc it flashes WHITE, amber and greeen. Not that important in the great scheme of things, but just a niggle.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest that is something that i have never noticed before but if you are getting the warning and the distance to it then i would leave it alone. Otherwise another member will be along and maybe give you an explination to this. Also i think that GerryC has created another set of icons for these also. Maybe he will come along with his method. Smile
Uncle_Albert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated Ian. I see what happens.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, another vote for using the ".ov2" method of installing the cameras.
Basically, in order to use the "Home" method, you've got to manually put the files in the right place on your PC for Home to find them.
f you've got to do that, why not just manually put the files in the right place on the Go in the first place, and cut out the middleman?

Also, if you get the technique for moving things around, you learn much more about the ins and outs of how the TomTom works, so installing any other extras (like real voice camera warnings or add-on programs like Tripmaster etc.) will be much easier, as they are all copied to the Go in the same way.

As for the Traffic lights icon... TomTom have changed the colour palette used several times and it is usually the red that goes wrong. The most recent time made "full" red show as transparent so that the custom car images to replace the blue arrow could work.
I'm surprised that it is happening now, as I thought the redlight icon in the download now was up to date and worked OK.
Are you sure you don't have an old version from somewhere? Maybe download again (the ov2 version this time and just paste the "redlight.bmp" file across.

Again, if you use the "ov2" version, of the download, you can see the .bmp icon file when you copy everything across to the Go (not sure if it is visible in the "Home" download).
If you want, and you have any "paint" program on your PC (the Microsoft Paint prog. would do at a pinch) it is easy to just open that icon file, change the red very slightly, and re-save it with the same name.

If any of the above ramble needs clarifying, or you need more help, just shout.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
Also i think that GerryC has created another set of icons for these also. Maybe he will come along with his method. Smile

My set of icons are a one-for-one replacement of the icons in the download. After downloading and extracting the camera download, replace the bmp files with the ones from my set before copying across to the TomTom. It's just a different image to display.

As noted above, pure red (as used on previous camera downloads) becomes transparent in the big flashing image in the top left. The current downloads from both PGPSW and me get around this (not pure red).
Brodit ProClip mount
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of various issues with the HOME set we are planning to cease offering the option in future releases. It saves almost no time, means we have to compile a specific HOME version and it doesn't actually get used by that many subscribers.

So now is as good a time as any to familiarise yourself with the .ov2 installation method Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Because of various issues with the HOME set we are planning to cease offering the option in future releases.

What a good idea!
(Can you get rid of "temp" while you're at it too? Most "temp" cameras are now SPECS and they get put in the individual SPECS categories already.)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Because of various issues with the HOME set we are planning to cease offering the option in future releases.
Good news, and glad to hear it, hopefully this will reduce the confusion between the two download types. And that saves me the job of rewriting the associated FAQ page then, I was about halfway through it! - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa 100% agreement, have I wandered into a parallel universe Wink
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Whoa 100% agreement, have I wandered into a parallel universe Wink

I think i will disagree then to bring you back to earth Darren. Laughing
Uncle_Albert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you lot really are very helpful.
I did try the paint job, but the colours come out a rather unpleasant pinkish hue! I prefer the white! I try redownloading as see what happens. Many thanks.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle_Albert wrote:
you lot really are very helpful.
I did try the paint job, but the colours come out a rather unpleasant pinkish hue! I prefer the white!

You don't have to make it too pink. The standard download uses Red 255 / Green 51 / Blue 51. I have heard you can go down as far as 255/26/26.

The important thing to remember is that it's configurable to how YOU want it.

PS Darren et al - I don't mind whether you keep the Home version or not - I'm still not going to use it. Laughing
Brodit ProClip mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your eye on the red light icon as standard i.e. downloaded from the site, I have tried for a while to understand this issue and got nowhere - sometimes at the start of a trip I get transparant icons, after a few miles it settles down and works displaying in full colour - I have even seen the white parts go transparant on the Gatso/ mobile icons from time to time.

I am sure it is not due to the colour pallete as the icons work in the correct colour most of the time. Only when TomTom launched the version 6 software were the icons last changed as far as I can remember as the red colour for the speed limit didn't show up - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: