Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux GR 230 Bluetooth problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux GR 230 Bluetooth problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidtheparrot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Holux GR 230 Bluetooth problems Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a quick question, is it normal for the GR 230 to loose its bluetooth connection with the pda on a regular basis, as mine appears to do this at least once on every journey.
I am using a HP2210, Tom tom 3, the 2210 has the latest ROM update. I have tried NMEA Bluetooth on com port 8 and also NMEA 9600 on com port 8.
I have also tried using BT Reg Tweak as posted on this site, I have even removed any other bluetooth connections from my pocket pc i.e. active sync.
It seems a bit pointless having bluetooth and then using a cable (fortuna GPSmart cable seems to do the job and are under £20 delivered) to connect the gps to the pda, but thats what I've had to do. On the plus side the Holux is the best GPS I've used so far, it knocks spots of the Fortuna GPS I had before.
This is the link for the site that supply the GPSmart cables http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/accessories_detail.php?product_id=252&category_id=&accessory_id=767

I would always recommend using official Holux cables if you can get hold of them.

Take Care

Chris Confused :D
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's the BT receiver's fault? We heard a lot of complaints about the combination of TomTom 3 and the 2210. Do you also see the dropouts when you use other GPS programs continuously?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
sidtheparrot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thats a good question, a friend of mine uses Destinator, I'll let him test the Holux unit for me.

Cheers

Chris Smile

PS Could I use any of the older tomtom gps programs with TT3 and if so can anyone recommend the best.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running tests on TTNav3 at the moment and have used the latest GPS driver (v3.01) with the application version off the CD rather than the service release off the website and so far it's nice and stable albeit much much slower to initially load up than v2 was.

2210 & TomTom BT GPS.
sidtheparrot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: 2210 / Holux GR 230 Problem fixed (I hope) Reply with quote

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice with the Holux and the 2210, I think that I may have sorted the BT drops.

This is what I've tried,

1) I have wiped my 2210 clean by doing an hard reset

2) I have removed any trace of Tom tom from my PC

3) I have done a fresh install from the Tom tom 3.0 cd, including maps (not putting the 3.1 update on as the 2210 doesn't like it)

4) I am using Tom tom GPS 2.09.

5) I also downloaded BT TWEAKER this seems to help as you can bypass the bluetooth manager (a soft reset must be done after changing the settings)
http://www.handango.com/servlet/d/btregtweak14setup.exe?s=1&p=96903&secw=6fde417a

I hope this helps someone else who's had the same problems as me.

Take Care

Chris Thumbs Up
sidtheparrot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

My problems with Holux GPS are over!!! (the last fix was good but not perfect)
I have downloaded the 2210 friendly upate from Tom tom www.tomtom.com/updates/ttnupg.zip . This fixes all the BT drops and BT manager problems, now all I need do is turn on the GPS and start up Tom tom. A connection is established within a few seconds (without the BT manager). What an absolute joy to use!
The Tom tom software is now working great and the Holux is fantastic getting 10ish sats in the car and 6 in the middle of the house.
Thankyou Holux for making such top equipement!!!

Take Care

Chris

P.S. Hope this post helps some other long suffering TT3/HP2210 User
mjolnir
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris - i have exactly the same setup as you, but i have followed ur instructions to the letter yet still have the same problem. now within tomtom gps, i noticed the section where u select the gps receiver only has 3 holux GM listed. i was wondering which of these you have selected? i'm understandably at wit's end trying to solve this!
sidtheparrot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjolnir wrote:
chris - i have exactly the same setup as you, but i have followed ur instructions to the letter yet still have the same problem. now within tomtom gps, i noticed the section where u select the gps receiver only has 3 holux GM listed. i was wondering which of these you have selected? i'm understandably at wit's end trying to solve this!

Hi mjolnir,

Try a clean install of tom tom 3, firstly removing all traces from your 2210 and also from the add/remove programs on your active sync.
Then download this www.tomtom.com/updates/ttnupg.zip ,this is the 2210 friendly update which includes tomtom 3.01 and GPS 3.02.
Also if you want to bypass the bluetooth manager download this www.handango.com/servlet/d/btregtweak14setup.exe?s=1&p=96903&secw=6fde417a .Remember to pair the GR-230 with the 2210.
Last of all make sure that you set the GPS (on the 2210) to NMEA 0183v2 9600 and the com settings to Bluetooth Serial Port COM 8.
Since I have set it up this way I haven't lost a single connection with the GR-230 (fingers crossed Happy ).
The BTregtweak is a top prog and free too, it enables you to just switch on your GPS and start Tom tom and it does the rest!

Good Luck

Chris Thumbs Up
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear that it works. Just a quick note - the default speed for BT receivers is 38400. But the other speeds may work as well - the BT receivers are supposed to adapt to whatever you specify.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: