Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Always have to reconnect to BT receiver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Always have to reconnect to BT receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredvT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Always have to reconnect to BT receiver Reply with quote

After switching on my TomTom BT receiver and the ipaq4150 I always have to manually reconnect the 4150 to the receiver using the ipaq BT manager. Is this normal behaviour or am I missing a trick?

It would be nice if they found each other without my interaction
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should pick each other up have you paired the ipaq and receiver
the only other thing i can think of is that the com port may be wrong or you turn the bt off manually when you turn the ipaq off but i would of thought its a pairing issue id unistall tomtom or just the gps driver do soft reset and have an other go ormore radical do back up then hard reset then reinstall tomtom

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
FredvT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: GPS Pairing Reply with quote

Alix,

The GPS receiver was already paired. After unpairing it was not possible anymore to pair it again. When connected manually it ran in a time-out with a message "Authentication failed". When unconnected, the same message appears within a second. I have to give in a Passkey. I have no clue what to fill in there. Any hint
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Socket BT GPS and the pairing code is 0183. You could also try 0000 or wait until someone tells you what it is for sure. It's probably on the TT web site FAQ.

On my WM2003/iPAQ 3870 with Widcomm BT stack, devices are found by effectively connecting to the last device that6 was used for that BT profile. However, if you add a new BT device that offers the same service, you have to re-connect to your preffered device, for that service, just the once, until you change something again.
FredvT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, The Passkey was "0000". I was able to pair the devices. The ultimate goal to let them automatically find each other and connect after power up still fails however.
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stating the obvious, have you tried deleting the pairing then deleting all traces of the BT GPS receiver from BT manager, then setting it up again?

It might also be worth removing any other BT device entries that you have in BT manager, just for now, so that you can test in a simplified configuration.

Another thing that's worth checking is when you test make sure that you have no other BT devices in range, or switched on, that are offering a serial port service.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are seeing is normal behavior. With the BT stack implemented by HP it always asks you to choose a device when you open a BT connection.

Alix has an XDA which when you pair the BT devices always opens the paired device.

Different solutions to the same problem. The XDA I find very restrictive as I have about 8 BT GPS devices but can only use 1 with the XDA without hassle. With the iPAQs sure I have to select which device I want but can easily swap them about.

Anyway back on track, there is a thread that used to be sticky explaining how to do this. It had somehow become unstuck so I have sorted that, You can find some of the answers here
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the HP stack a Widcomm stack? If so, you should be able to change this behaviour in the registry. Also, what makes it an HP stack? My iPAQ 3870 has been upgraded with WM2003 from HP and has a Widcomm stack.
FredvT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the stack is a Widcomm stack, version 1.4.1 Build 74 to be precise.
I can't find any regedt on my device to hack the registry.

Any hints or tips how to change and what to change in the registry?

I also mailed Widcomm and they tell me this manual reconnect is per design unless an application does it for you.
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Registry editor at:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Key is

HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Widcomm/BtConfig/AutoConnect

There should be some sub-keys there with numbers 0005, 0011, 0014 for example in my case, which are for the BT services. Within there, there is a DWORD Value BtBrowserEnabled with a value of 0.

I *think* that's what makes it autoreconnect for the service type.
FredvT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Autoreconnect TomTom BT Reply with quote

Fuego,

Thanks, this is brilliant. Somehow the entry was aleady there but didn't seem to work. After a couple of complete reinstalls with and without upgrading to version 3.03 I learned the following:
- Install without upgrade to version 3.03, the autoconnect
feature isn't in the registry.
- After the upgrade it is
- The autoconnect feature only works after starting tomtom. Which of
course is correct. Only then it makes sense but it took me a while to
figure it out.

What I don't know if the autoconnect feature works just after upgrading to version 3.03. This goes onto my todo list, but after 4 reinstalls I hope sombody else can find out.

Fred
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats strange it was the same for my 2210 as well they found eachother and when i paired them they were fine the other way is to use the tt wizard and works on both xda2 and 2210

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my dad a 2210 with a TomTom BT GPS receiver, and after doing the TT wizzard and the BT pairing, they find each other automatically. With my Rikaline 6030 bluetooth receiver, my iPAQ asks about it every time i start tomtom or turn the ipaq on with tomtom running. Might try the tomtom wizzard and say its a TT receiver.
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the TT wizard didn't find the gps receiver because it isn't a tomtom one i'd imagine, but the registry autoconnect mod works :D
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. Ill be upgrading my (t)rusty 3870 at the end of this year ;)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: