Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go Slow Screen Change
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go Slow Screen Change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Factors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go Slow Screen Change Reply with quote

I have a TomTom Go Original and have just updated the software from 6.52 to the latest 7.163. Now, when exiting any of the menus or planned route screen and going back to the main map screen, there is a long delay or 'freezing' of the screen of about 20 seconds until the map screen appears. The bottom blue bar information section appears, ie. distance, time, signal etc, but the map sction with the route plan takes ages to change over.

This has only happened since upgrading the software, as I did not have this problem until I did the update. I have tried using the 'Restore to factory settings', but this has made no difference.

Has anyone else ever come across this or can anyone help me to solve the problem as it is not very good when trying to change something while using the sat nav as it takes ages for the map to re-appear.

Many thanks,
Rick.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Factors and welcome to the forum. Welcome

I had similar problems when upgrading to the latest apps also. You should do a full back up of your device using windows explorer. If you are not sure there is a FAQ's page here also that will direct you in the right direction (Back ups is #1).

After this try running the Clear Flash Tool and then do a Factory reset straight after running the clear flash tool. You will loose your personal settings but these can be set back up as normal.

Hope this helps and any problems running it let us know or if id does'nt fix your problem let us know and we can try something else.

EDIT to post:

Incase you need it look here for the FAQ's and select #1 for back ups.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Factors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried exactly what you said to do but it made no difference, so I managed to find an old update I did, re-installed it from there and upgraded to 6.52 only. Everything works fine again so, so I'm sticking with this version.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: