Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anquet Maps on Navman 3450
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anquet Maps on Navman 3450

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Anquet Maps on Navman 3450 Reply with quote

Has anyone started using the Anquet map software on a Navman 3450 yet. Having tried to get things to work I can download the maps to PDA but cannot get the GPS to work with the maps (it works fine with Street Pilot). I am guessing it has something to do with the GPS setup but am totally stuck at this point. Any help would be much appreciated.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anquet Maps only work with PCs so I am not quite sure what you have done to download and display the maps on a PDA.

Unless things have changed dramatically since I reviewed the product the only downloads available to GPS devices that I am aware of are waypoints, routes and tracks. These are only compatible with certain handheld GPS receivers. I suspect that the Street Pilot behaves like a handheld supporting the GARMIN protocol.

The Navman 3450 is completely different in that it is 'just' a GPS receiver and doesnt have any routes, waypoint, or tracking capabilities. What software are you using with the 3450?
PaulH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just upgrade to the last software version which supports PDA's see the Anquet website for full details.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for having contacts in high places. Nobody at Anquet thought to let us know about this.

Embarassed Also I no longer have "eyes like a hawk" as I checked on thier site before answering, but looked in the products section rather than the news section.

Anyway, I will now get on to Anquet, download my upgrade and find out what it is all about.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried it and from my initial (and brief) view it would appear that the application drops the connection to the GPS when a menu option is tapped.

I dont have any maps of my current area to test with so I cant tell what the display should look like, but using a BT GPS I can connect to Com8 at 4800. With the Navman you will probably connect to Com5 at 56000 baud.

There is no diagnostic data to let you know if you have connected and are receiving data other than the small label stating "Communicating with GPS" at the top of the screen.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PaulH.

have you managed to get the Anquet maps working with your receiver yet?

I am about to purchase the Lakes maps but would have liked some feedback on the PPC/GPS setup first.

The info that i have been given by Anquet is:
Anquet Maps for the Pocket PC (PPC) will run on any Pocket PC that runs Microsoft’s Pocket PC 2003.

We have been using two different types of PPC in the development program (and a lot of others on the testing program) – mainly an IPAQ 4150 and a Dell Axim – both of which we have been very happy with.

The Pocket PC must also have the .net Compact Framework installed which is standard on Pocket PC 2003, but needs to be installed on earlier versions.

To configure Anquet to communicate with the GPS, use the GPS options panel on the options screen.
Make sure the GPS is set up to NMEA
Select the correct port for the connection. Wired Comm 1, Bluetooth Comm 8 or Navman sleeve.
Select the baud rate at which your GPS sends data
Turn on Live track
Once anquet is talking with your receiver you will get a red circle showing your location.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: