Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - medion gopal pna210 pe3 problem with poi-warner ver 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

medion gopal pna210 pe3 problem with poi-warner ver 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brzosto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: medion gopal pna210 pe3 problem with poi-warner ver 3 Reply with quote

Hi.
i've got a problem that makes me really sick now. i fight with it second day and now have lost a hope to resolve it.
i try to install poi warner ver 3 on my medion. everything is ok (red square at the bottom) until installing pois.
after reset medion found new overlays and updated it. and then the problem start. when I turn on a map, the poiwarner screen blink for a moment and then map screen turn back.
there is a yellow (?) square at the bottom corner, but when I click it, nothing happened. It makes me really mad because I can't get to poi setup.
Enyone got the same problem? Give some advice please or my head will blow up! ;)

Greetings
Gregory

p.s. sorry for my english, but is not my native language
p.s.s In the older version of gopal software I've got an icon of radar on the main menu. now there is an empty place
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.....I can't get dragged into a game of tennis here so let's look for the obvious.
I have a 205...fundamentally the same as the 210...but there are subtle differences.

1) Have you performed both a hard & soft reset?
2) Did you purchase POI Warner through their site? (This is important..see below).
3) Have you 'backed up' all data held on the medion (via Active sync)?
4) do you have the original cds that came with the Medion?

Assuming that you havbe answered yes to all of the above, then.....
Check (VIA ACTIVE SYNC) that the POI warner pois are in the Warner POI folder & NOT the Medion POI folder.
On my 205, the Medion didn't 'find' the new overlays....as they are held within the Warner package....( as far as I can remember).
Pls check where the overlays are......
Assuming that you have a legit copy of POI warner (I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU DON'T, INCIDENTALLY) & the resets have not resolved the issue, then I'd be tempted to revert back to factory settings & do a fresh install... OR just remove POI Warner, even.The problems started upon installation?? Correct??
It may be beneficial to format the FD & start afresh...Do you have a SD card with the 210? Consider moving the map regions folder to there.
You may have to rename it first....hence the 'back up'...just in case it screws up. perhaps calling it ZMapregions. Move it, the remove the Z.
This'll help to free up a bit of memory on the FD.....sounds like a memory issue here.
Sorry if this doesn't work...can't think of anything else.....
brzosto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Let's start! ;)

Pois are in good place. .../plugins/poi-warner/pois/
poi-warner found it at the moment when I' ve put it (using Vista, so I don't have Active Sync) manualy to the poi folder. after reset on my medion screen I got info: copy overlays (or installing) etc... and then, after reset poi-warner start to work badly. (as I wrote in the last post - yellow light and no reaction for touching and no possibility to get into poi-warner setup)

Yes, maps are on sd card. (and travelinfo or what the name of it is) Flash Disc containts only Navigator software and poi warner.
Honestly, I tried to install the system so many times that now thinking about new installation makes me sick Smile

I even tried too put manualy poi-warner files into different folders ( - many tries without results).
And at the end a question that should be at the start ;) What is the difference between soft and hard reset? I've used only the small reset button and on/off button.
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brzosto wrote:
Hi.
Let's start! ;)

Pois are in good place. .../plugins/poi-warner/pois/
poi-warner found it at the moment when I' ve put it (using Vista, so I don't have Active Sync) manualy to the poi folder. after reset on my medion screen I got info: copy overlays (or installing) etc... and then, after reset poi-warner start to work badly. (as I wrote in the last post - yellow light and no reaction for touching and no possibility to get into poi-warner setup)

Yes, maps are on sd card. (and travelinfo or what the name of it is) Flash Disc containts only Navigator software and poi warner.
Honestly, I tried to install the system so many times that now thinking about new installation makes me sick Smile

I even tried too put manualy poi-warner files into different folders ( - many tries without results).
And at the end a question that should be at the start ;) What is the difference between soft and hard reset? I've used only the small reset button and on/off button.

take out the batteries, with the unit on (no external power supply).
failing that....I can't help...sorry!
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
saw this one and am curious myself. It sounds to me like a compatibilty issue with the version of GoPal that you are using. Which version do you have on your PNA210T? I am using POIWarner 2 but I have the GoPal Navigator 3 software. I have put a support request in to navigating.de to see if they know of any issues with the different version of Medion GoPal software.

As soon as I get the e-mail, I'll let you know!!

Regards
PsychoJock
Very Happy
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoJock wrote:
Hi guys,
saw this one and am curious myself. It sounds to me like a compatibilty issue with the version of GoPal that you are using. Which version do you have on your PNA210T? I am using POIWarner 2 but I have the GoPal Navigator 3 software. I have put a support request in to navigating.de to see if they know of any issues with the different version of Medion GoPal software.

As soon as I get the e-mail, I'll let you know!!

Regards
PsychoJock
Very Happy

Do you think that this has 'you know who's' mucky paws all over it??
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
brzosto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

PE 3.0A-5114 Q406 that's my soft version.
Today I've done new full installation. Nothing has change. I'll buy a gun and shoot into my head after next installation.

Even tried to move the little yellow square to different place and guess what - nothing change, still can't get into poiwarner options. Damn it.

I found good forum about medions, but the biggest problem is, that is a german forum. I even found a guy with "yellow square problem" but is something different because poiwarner menu is avalaible in his gopal.

Yellow square means that poiwarner is busy. ?!?! What this mean for you, guys? Smile Busy how? For example I'm busy trying solve that !@$%^ problem 4th day. ;)
So if that is "memory" problem maybe I get too many pois? Sorry if it's sound silly but I'm desperate now. I found a post on forum von navigation Smile says that standard gopal menu "eat" a lot of memory. ok. So I tried to install new skin (sokobana). But this would be to easy for me so of course I get a problem. Manual is in german (donnerwetter! scheisse!!) and I can't understand all it says. (funny because till 19 year old it was my second language) There is one way to install using active sync, but I don't have it. And second way to copy files to storage card and start installation in medion. But how to start it in medion?!
I can't get to windows ce desktop on start! The "verfluchte" manual says how to get there but it doesn't work. maybe I need a german brain to understand that! Maybe a hitler's brain! I' ve no idea!
End of this bullshit. Smile

I'm going now to buy a gun. If you will hear next days about some east european psycho killer on sheffield's streets, it would mean that I had not enough courage to shoot into my head.
Good night gentlemen!
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Gregory!
I'm sorry I can't help with your Medion because I have never used one, but I wanted to say how much your post made me laugh!
Please don't shoot your head - shoot your GPS instead!

Sal

Last edited by Sallyann on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fatboyfun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the problem started when you installed the POIs then i would say that the POIs are the problem, I have the same setup with the same software versions and everything works ok for me. Try reinstalling POI Warner and use some of the free POIs from this site and see if it works, then try the POIs you want and see if the problems return, that should narrow down the problem.

Sometimes the yellow square comes up on mine for a few seconds and then turns to green I think it means that POI Warner is busy...
Sometimes POI Warner is very slow in the menus especially if it's been running for a long time with no reset, I just reset with a pen and all is well.
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely sure Dave, but it is rather odd!!! Seems like the sort of thing he might do!!!!

Laughing Laughing
brzosto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'll finish your strange speculation ;) because 'Klaus' from navigation.de support explained me everything. PsychoJock was right - it was compatibility problem. My PoiWarner was too new for gopal version. And now I've got good ver of Poiwarner. hhehehehe...
Thanks anyway for helping me. What a pity that I killed 4 innocent passers-by. Twisted Evil

But this is not the end yet. Do you know how to install new skin for gopal? Or easier - how to start installation of any file 'inside' medion?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!
Greg

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: