Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - voices for TomTom One 3rd
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

voices for TomTom One 3rd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackshear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: voices for TomTom One 3rd Reply with quote

I bought a TT one 3rd gen. I tried to download a new voice. TT home says that the voice is on my device, but I can't see it in "voices". Any help? Also, this is my first GPS. Any tips you could give me on getting the most use out of it would be greatly appreciated.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say which voice, so someone else can check it?

People can upload voices to share via Home, but there is very little checking done by TomTom to see if they work!
I have mentioned to them TWICE that there are ringtone sounds on there that could never work as they are in the wrong format, but all they said was to give it a negative feedback rating!

General tips:
1. Read the TomTom FAQs topic in the TomTom section of the forum!
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50045
Most important is number 1 which is to make a full backup of the TomTom memory with Windows Explorer NOT Home.
This really is VITAL. If you don't do anything else, you should do that - today.

2. Post any TomTom related questions in that section of the forum for quicker, more focussed answers.

3. Learn to trust (and use) Home as little as possible. The ONLY things you really need it for are map purchases and software updates. Adding any other content can be done quicker and easier using Windows Explorer (plus you get a better idea of how the files and folders are laid out.

4. Switch off the automatic checking for updates, so that you have more control over what it puts on your machine.

5. Check out the Pocket GPS World camera database - much better than TomTom's own offering.

I'm sure there are lots more....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: