Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Alternative icon set
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternative icon set
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Alternative icon set Reply with quote

Over the hols, some other users have seen my icon set and asked for a copy. As one said that he'd put his copy on the web, I wanted to beat him to it and do it myself. It was also a good excuse to play with CSS.

So here's a sample. Click the image to go to my new site hosting the zip files. Any suggestions are welcome. Smile

Brodit ProClip mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very neat and I like the idea of duel rating the icons for KPH/MPH - not seen that one before, perhaps an additional set for our European friends would be in order, main speed in KPH, duel rating in MPH? - just a thought - nice work - Mike
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, love the duel rating for the European set.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
vinnyutd6899
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Alternative icon set Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
Over the hols, some other users have seen my icon set and asked for a copy. As one said that he'd put his copy on the web, I wanted to beat him to it and do it myself. It was also a good excuse to play with CSS.

So here's a sample. Click the image to go to my new site hosting the zip files. Any suggestions are welcome. Smile

cheers just downloaded them now very good!

1 thing though i don't know much about these things, the icons on the routes are fine but when they flash up in the top left hand corner they are a bit blurred anyway i can change this cheers!
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative icon set Reply with quote

vinnyutd6899 wrote:
1 thing though i don't know much about these things, the icons on the routes are fine but when they flash up in the top left hand corner they are a bit blurred anyway i can change this cheers!

Initially, I did these icons for myself. One of the things I didn't like was the blocky outline so I shaded it giving that blurred look. If you want to change them, just open the files in Paint or another graphics program and change all the different shades of red to the same one.

I'll do the dual rated km/h with mph footer in a bit. Wink
Brodit ProClip mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Gerry, very similar to the ones I've been using that I knocked up myself, but yours are a much more comprehensive set. I also didn't know you can use 24x24 icons now. Those two extra pixels might make all the difference trying to make a six character word readable!
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, there's now a UK set with km/h conversions as requested. There's also a clean EUR set in the 24x24 size.

Just to note that all my conversions are rounded down. Other systems may round up or to the nearest whole number when showing them so if they don't match up, that's probably why.
Brodit ProClip mount
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Very nice Gerry, very similar to the ones I've been using that I knocked up myself, but yours are a much more comprehensive set. I also didn't know you can use 24x24 icons now. Those two extra pixels might make all the difference trying to make a six character word readable!

If you load the 24x24 set they are much more readable than the same device with the 22x22 set. 24x24 works fine on a Go 720 and 920T
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative icon set Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
vinnyutd6899 wrote:

Initially, I did these icons for myself. One of the things I didn't like was the blocky outline so I shaded it giving that blurred look. If you want to change them, just open the files in Paint or another graphics program and change all the different shades of red to the same one.

Just in case Gerry doesn't mention it here...

He has now found how to use double size icons for the top corner display.

See HERE for details and download.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative icon set Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Just in case Gerry doesn't mention it here...

He has now found how to use double size icons for the top corner display.

See HERE for details and download.

When did this one become a sticky? Due to it being more TomTom specific, I thought a topic in that area may be more relevant.

Just to note that I'll be doing them in 44x44 from now as the 48x48 get shrunk when they are shown on the menus. Mad
Brodit ProClip mount
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative icon set Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
When did this one become a sticky? Due to it being more TomTom specific, I thought a topic in that area may be more relevant.

Now un-stickied, it might have been me but I don't recall! I'll sticky the other post instead.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry, Being a simple soul, I usually use the 'Consolidated by type' set - 22 X 22 - for my Navman. I know it's my choice, but do you have a specific icon associated with each type of camera ie which icon would you use with the mobile (confirmed) and mobile (unconfirmed) similarly, what is the last camera icon in the set?
Sorry to be dumb.

GeePee
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC already has a 'consolidated by type' set? or have I misunderstood? The mobile camera icons have Tripods with the confirmed using a white background and the unconfirmed a black background.

Which 'last icon' are you referring to? In teh consolidated set it's a red-light camera? If you are referring to the icon that looks like an asterisk in a red circle, that's 'variable speed' camera i.e. M25.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
GerryC already has a 'consolidated by type' set? or have I misunderstood? The mobile camera icons have Tripods with the confirmed using a white background and the unconfirmed a black background.

Which 'last icon' are you referring to? In teh consolidated set it's a red-light camera? If you are referring to the icon that looks like an asterisk in a red circle, that's 'variable speed' camera i.e. M25.

Thanks Darren Yes, I have seen the 'Consolidated by Type' set You have answered my question ie the difference between the two types of tripod icons. The last 'Camera' icon in the set is the one with the tiny 'T' in the top right hand corner which I presume is for temporary cameras. Wink
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, I only asked about the sticky because I didn't remember it before - was just checking if I'd missed something obvious as I often just use a bookmark to get to unread posts.

I'm doing other large icons at present so the site may be updated a few time in the next week or so as I push them out. This will include the consolidated set etc.

GeePee, looking at the site now, I realise I didn't actually note what those icons were for. Embarassed I'll stick them in the "icon meaning" section soon. Thanks for bringing it up - feedback is always welcome. Also nice to know they are working well on other brands (is 22x22 an industry standard?)
Brodit ProClip mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: