Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom one won't switch on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom one won't switch on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob1951
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: tomtom one won't switch on Reply with quote

Well it will but only if I unplug and reinsert the memory card first!

The switch isn't defective 'cos I still have to use that to turn on and off.

I don't understand - is the power-on process software mediated in some way? I guess it might be as you normally have to hold the button down for a few second before it activates.

Battery is fully charged. Memory card connections look clean, no other problems with the device. Got latest software updates from tomtom.

Last change to system was to add some POIs from this site.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried pressing the reset button with a paperclip?
phillmobile
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: tom tom one xl Reply with quote

hi i have a tom tom one xl and it worked fine until i updated to version 7.162 and since i have done this my tom tom refuses to switch on when not plugged in to 12v cable unless i do some kind of witch dance and mess about with the sd card and power button for a few hours, but if its plugged in to 12v cable i comes staright on, now in the menu there is a option to only turn on if indeed plugged in to cable but this is clearly un ticked, and it only did this after upgrading is very annoying
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: tom tom one xl Reply with quote

phillmobile wrote:
hi i have a tom tom one xl and it worked fine until i updated to version 7.162 {snip} it only did this after upgrading is very annoying

Then why not go back to a previous version? Either by using a backup (which you should always make before updating software for this very reason) or by finding a previous version archived by one of the regulars here.
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar problem was discussed in this thread. Also, I recently swapped my current card on One XL with the original card supplied with the unit to check a map detail on previous map and found that when I swapped back to the new card which had app 7.162 it would not start unless plugged into usb cable but a full reset fixed it.
46jimbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A paperclip reset fixed it for me.
tilyymolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snudge wrote:
A similar problem was discussed in this thread. Also, I recently swapped my current card on One XL with the original card supplied with the unit to check a map detail on previous map and found that when I swapped back to the new card which had app 7.162 it would not start unless plugged into usb cable but a full reset fixed it.

This has been bugging me for a few weeks now. It would only power on when I removed the SD card. A full reset fixed it. Thanks Snudge

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: