Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman S series custom poi limit of 12,000.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman S series custom poi limit of 12,000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jm202067
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Navman S series custom poi limit of 12,000. Reply with quote

I have just tried to update the the Pgpsw speed camera database on my Navman S70. Upon updating the existing custon speedcam files i get the warning popping up that if i will affect the performance of my Navman if i continue to install the files as the recommended custom poi limit is 12,000.
Strangely if i delete my pgpsw custom poi's completely from my Navman then reinstall from scratch rather than just update them i don't get the message. I know several members including myself have had problems with the system performing slowly and it looks like the unit is limited in the number of poi's it can handle. If this is the case it can hardly handle the uk speedcam database never mind and european ones as well which is a step back from previous models that worked fine on the whole.
abbz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just about to post exactly the same question regarding this. i have just got myself a s90i upgrading from a icn520. the same thing happens to me when i try and install the cameras. ive downloaded the consilidated ones and can get as far as having all of them on bar the pmobile ones. the same message comes up regarding 12000 being stable whereas if i add them it will be 12993 and wont be stable. surely we must all be doing something wrong!!!
ive even gone as far as removing al the navpix that come pre installed on the machine.
jm202067
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have left the pmobile ones off mine and installed just the speed zoned gatso's, specs, verified mobile and redlights and it seems to be under the 12000 limit. Can't understand when i try to update the cams on my Navman i get the warning message but if i uninstall the old files from the unit first then reinstall the new up to date files no message appears. Surely just updating the files will overwrite the old cam location files rather than just add them to the units memory and leave the old obsolete files on the unit . I don't know about anyone elses S series but if i go into the custom poi's settindgs on the unit the touchscreen response is dead slow and stop. This is a new replacement unit that i am using with the same problem. Also the poi icons often the poi icons often disappear from the screen and then reappear at random when approaching a camera. This only happens in 3D mode as 2D seems to show the icons continually within the set warning distance.

Last edited by jm202067 on Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
abbz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the disappearing icons must be a unit problem then as i to have suffered this today for the first time. yesterday on my travels i werent getting the wav file i programmed in for the speed cameras (was just getting what sounded like a strangled beep) yet was getting wave file for redlight camera. the icons were all in place. last night i removed then reinstalled camera database and on journey today was getting all the right wav files on approaching cameras but was not getting icons. however whilst driving system rebooted itself and all off a sudden the icons appeared and sounds were right but only tested through 2 speed cameras locations. who knows whats in store for tomorrow!!
i have disabled the in built speed camera database just incase they were conflicting each other.
jm202067
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has suddenly started randomly rebooting itself as well several times yesterday. Seems like another in the long list of faults on this unit. Disabling the Navman supplied speedcam database is worth doing as it not much use anyway as there are so many inaccuracies in it.
minime1984
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WIYH MY S90I, NAVMAN SAY THERE WILL BE A SERVICE PACK IN THE NEW YEAR WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY FIX IT. CAN'T WAIT! UNTIL THEN IT BEST TO KEEP SENDING THEM BACK UNTIL THEY DO.[/b]
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that it will not be worth subscribing to pgps camera database for the S50 because it wont fit, I have never used the points of intersest features supplied as standard but very dissapointed in the standard speed camera feature.

I dont really care where the nearest bank or hotels are located, just the speed cameras. I'm new to satnav and the site so please excuse my confusion.

Cheers
Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: