Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT1 v1 - USB charging through HOME?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT1 v1 - USB charging through HOME?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1952kev
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: TT1 v1 - USB charging through HOME? Reply with quote

Only downloaded HOME recently to get new map installed.

Just started using it to plan a route this morning and noticed the battery indicator on the ONE on my PC screen was showing as "charging"

I didn't have it connected to the charger so can I assume that the One now charges via the USB lead..........................or is it just wishful thinking?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the on-screen "virtual TomTom in Home just "looks pretty". It tells several lies. Another is the satellite strengh bars wiggle up and down happliy, even when you have no real satellite signal at all. It also usuaally shows the wrong software version, and on the Go720 the real menus are significantly different.
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: TT1 v1 - USB charging through HOME? Reply with quote

1952kev wrote:
Only downloaded HOME recently to get new map installed.

Just started using it to plan a route this morning and noticed the battery indicator on the ONE on my PC screen was showing as "charging"

I didn't have it connected to the charger so can I assume that the One now charges via the USB lead..........................or is it just wishful thinking?

If your unit is connected to your PC via the USB lead it will be charging (slowly) whether you're running TTHome or not.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police NOT on a One Original, Franb!

USB charging only came in on the One "New Edition" (a.k.a "2nd Edition") if I remember correctly.

The way to check is to look at the car charger. If it has a USB plug on it, then you can also charge via the PC (but maybe more slowly)
If the car charger has a D.C power plug, then the unit will only charge via the same socket.
1952kev
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. I had a feeling Home was using a bit of artistic licence as far as what was being displayed on my PC. Rolling Eyes
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Police NOT on a One Original, Franb!

USB charging only came in on the One "New Edition" (a.k.a "2nd Edition") if I remember correctly.

The way to check is to look at the car charger. If it has a USB plug on it, then you can also charge via the PC (but maybe more slowly)
If the car charger has a D.C power plug, then the unit will only charge via the same socket.

Yup, you're right but assumed 1952kev was talking about a V2/3/4 etc
(should have read the subject line!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: