Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vizzair
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Just been there with my new 970.
I added new POI's for "tesco's" and then decided to put all supermarkets together ( from this sites download area )
I first started to delete individual items in the folder, then realizing there was a delete option on the folder , i deleted it.
After syncing the unit, I got exactly the same error message.

I repaired the "content manager" software from the DVD with no effect.
I finally solved it by uninstalling the "content manager" and then re-installing.
( this was simplified by the fact I had kept my original E-mail with the activation code ) Laughing

This then solved that problem.

Then I added a new folder but forgot to rename it so it was left as "new folder"
Now when I attempt to "change" this to a new name, I again get a java runtime exception error.

I solved this by deleting the POI folder in my unit( after disconnectng from pc), then reconnecting to the PC and syncing again. Then add the data with the correct name..

I hope my experiences can help others.

Very Happy
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
I haven't experienced this problem my self, maybe because I use http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
to duplicate and resize the images to 16x16 (by right clicking on the image and resizing), rather than resizing the original. It might be worth a try for someone thats having issues.

Hi Bertie100, Is there a tool I can use for Vista as its not compatable at the moment for Vista?

Thanks

Jlo
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Hi Guys

I have an answer to the set pixel support issue.

This appears to only happen to people who have used the Pocket GPS Camera database and use their bitmap files.

The issue seems to be with these bitmap files, if you delete them and use our bitmap for cameras it works ok.
We are working on a fix to make the Pocket GPS bitmap work with our software and will get this resolved as soon as possible.

You have to go into the file location below and delete the Pocket GPS bitmaps and then the content manager will operate correctly.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ViaMichelin\ViaMichelin Navigation PND\ContentManager\Dynamic\MyViaMichelin\Bitmaps\Folders

I hope to update you with a full fix as soon as possible,

All the best

Stu

I am fighting tonight with this ruddy computer and database!! Stu I think the above applies to windoes XP. Could you provide the files location to delete in Vista 32 operating system? Thanks

Jlo
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the POI bitmap under harddrive C under Viamichilin (Within Vista) but I have NOT found any Pocket GPS bitmaps. Should I delete the 'POI' icon to correct the error?

THanks

JLo
DJW1953
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: resize to 16 x 16 Reply with quote

Hi having had the error message and reloaded the CM, I then read the posts in this thread.

I downloaded the "resize" tool from Microsoft, resized all of the bitmaps in the "folder" to 16 x 16 and now all now works fine and I did not have to re-install the CM.

thanks for the link Bertie100

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: