Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at what happens when one updates to 7.02, it seems to update content manager on the hard disk as well. I wish Michelin would issue release notes with patches so that one know what is being fixed and what isn't and whether it is relevant. The problem now is that one can't back out of the patch update to 7.00 and is stuck. I suggest, Gee-Pee, that you DO NOT update until a fix is found.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticking with the VM icon for speed cameras for the moment, I am at least now able to add the PGPSW files to my X980 without any trouble. What still doesn't work is trying to change the folders; selecting a new file for the folder content seems to just be ignored, while the usual exception condition comes up if you try to change the icon, although it doesn't then lock everything up in this case - things are still ok once the warning dialog is cleared with 'continue'.

So to update the PGPSW files it would seem necessary to delete the existing folders and replace them with the new/updated ones, until VM sort it out - a bit tedious but could be worse.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suggest, Gee-Pee, that you DO NOT update until a fix is found.

Suggestion noted and taken on board...havn't got it yet, so not imperative. Wink

Gee-Pee
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Sorry that I haven't been in touch for a while but to say that we are busy with the Christmas rush would be an understatement.

I just wanted to update everyone on whats going on and how we are stiull working to support you.

I have a meeting on Thursday with Product Management and while I can't promise that all the issues will be cleared up right away, I do have the list from the site (thanks to you all) and will be going through each issue.

Just to let you know the V7.02 update on the web fixes several problems including:

"Slip Road Flaw": Route would take you off some slip roads then back on again.
- Message "Corrupted data" in Content Manager, under Vista
- Dangerous curves indication (left or right) was random
- System would shut down when deleting a stage along route planning
- No route after download of MyViaMichelin via GPRS
- ... and many wording mistakes that were corrected

We will have an update arounf 17th Decenber to V7.03 which will fix the speed camera download issues some people are getiing and other issues - I will post a full list of what this changes when I have it.

I know that some of you have had an issue with creating new folders when you have downloaded V7.02 and would ask anyone who can to email me a screen shot of this error to show to the developers.

I have now got a direct line to one of the chief software developers on the team and any info you give will be directed to him to make any urgent changes which affect the use of the products. Any cosmetic changes you want to recommend will be taken on board and put forward for inclusion in V8 in March but I think we need to sort out errors first.

Thanks to you all for the support,

Regards

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I have an answer to the set pixel support issue.

This appears to only happen to people who have used the Pocket GPS Camera database and use their bitmap files.

The issue seems to be with these bitmap files, if you delete them and use our bitmap for cameras it works ok.
We are working on a fix to make the Pocket GPS bitmap work with our software and will get this resolved as soon as possible.

You have to go into the file location below and delete the Pocket GPS bitmaps and then the content manager will operate correctly.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ViaMichelin\ViaMichelin Navigation PND\ContentManager\Dynamic\MyViaMichelin\Bitmaps\Folders

I hope to update you with a full fix as soon as possible,

All the best

Stu

www.leyio.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This appears to only happen to people who have used the Pocket GPS Camera database and use their bitmap files.

Just to correct the above - I don't use the PGPSCDB icons at all - I use the UK Speed zoned files for the data and have always used some Icons I found on a German forum which show the Speed in different colours to differentiate the mobiles from the fixed and the specs cameras. Which is why I asked, some time ago, if we could associate sounds with the poi's so that it would announce a 50mph camera approaching. The icons I always use are 22x22 and I forgot to change one. I have deleted it now and will try again tomorrow.

So to recap it isn't necessarily the Pocket GPS icons that cause the problem.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't experienced this problem my self, maybe because I use http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
to duplicate and resize the images to 16x16 (by right clicking on the image and resizing), rather than resizing the original. It might be worth a try for someone thats having issues.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie.. Thats Cool.

This is one I will try my self!!

www.leyio.com

Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a mix of both PGPSW and my own and there are problems. More importantly, it doesn't address the issue of why it used to work (v7 out of box) and now doesn't (v7.02).
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan_whoops wrote:
I use a mix of both PGPSW and my own and there are problems. More importantly, it doesn't address the issue of why it used to work (v7 out of box) and now doesn't (v7.02).

Can you try resizing them with the tool above. I think Michelin knows it's a problem... I would be interested to know if the image format is a little strange. I've used this resizer without any problems on 7.02, but I might just be lucky. If it works, it may give the developers some idea of what is not compatible.

Last edited by Bertie100 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Yes we are aware and a fix is being worked on.

I have tried a few things myself and it appears that the PGPSW ones are 16 x 16 but are 256 Colour so this may be the issue. You switch them to 24 bit bitmaps and they work fine.

For the time being you have to just make sure any images you want to use for POI folders on the device are 16 x16 24 bit and this will work fine.

I use loads of my own images including a Michelin man for all the Michelin office location I loaded in to them. Any image works fine whe re-sized correctly.

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well chaps, following Stu's advice to remove the bitmaps, resizing the PGPS bitmaps using Bertie's tool and then trying to update the various speedcam files it appears to have all worked. The Set Pixel error has disappeared completely. Guess I will find out for real tomorrow when I have to journey back up the M4 (again :-( ) and around to Croydon to pick up my son's Xmas present!

I have to say that I have used the unit 'in anger' a few times recently when I have been on routes I never used before and the guidance has been first class and also seems to have used 'sensible' routes which is not something that could always be said about my previous Garmin and Mio units.

I have now invested in the 2 yr update programme so I am planning on keeping this unit for a little longer than previous sat navs. Long may it continue!
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here - that's bizarre as they are now 24bit (as opposed to 8) so should fail!
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan_whoops said:

Quote:

All the icons, bar the one I screwed up, I had installed under V6.5.4 and they were all regular 22 x 22 pixels with a Bit depth of 4 which I had reduced to 16 x 16.

I agree that by increasing to 24Bit they are excepted but whether that is a red herring or not is yet to be resolved.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm finally catching up with the rest of you.

Thanks to everybody with their help on this, I have now been able to install the PGPSW cameras and icons without a problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: