Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM One V3 Traffic master
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM One V3 Traffic master

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: TOMTOM One V3 Traffic master Reply with quote

My experience of the TT traffic via FM module may stop others from waisting their money. First problem is to get a stable and consistant Classic FM radio signal the module aerial cannot be run tidily around the windscreen but has to be at least 1.5 inches from the metal frame or it just does not work. Having got a good signal I set off for the Docklands in London along the A13. TT correctly displayed the 2 mile jam on Ripple road section but said Delay = 1 min which did not seem likely. This day these 2 miles took 30 mins to complete not 1 min. Travelled further and TT did not show any more jams but I sat in another 20 mins worth. Travelling home no reference to any of the jams that I got stuck in until just before Basildon. Correctly displayed a long jam but again gave 1 min as the delay, actual time 10 mins. Next day I travelled on A127, M25 & A1M. Most jams on this route not displayed on TT but if it did actually pick them up TT always gave 1 min as the delay even though most of them were at least 20 mins or more. I contacted TT and they say it is the fault of the supplied data and not their fault. There appears no route to quiz Traffic Master iTIL as to the unreliability of the data they supply. As the TT One does not have blue tooth I cannot subscribe to the other service to see if that shows any sign of working. It appears that the TMC-RDC system is at the same stage that mobile phones were when they first started. Very poor coverage, poor inplementation, rubbish customer support and not really fit for purpose. Hopefully this system may work in the future but for now is of little or no value. Before I remove the module and aerial from my car and toss it into the bin has anyone had a positive experience with one of these units? Does the subscribed service work any better as I may well scrap the TT ONE and get a blue tooth version. Regards Neil
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality of the TMC data is variable regardless of whether it is supplied by RAC TrafficMaster or iTIS.

However iTIS do participate in our forums so you may want to post your experiences in our TMC forums here and invite iTIS to comment?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: