Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 with OGG Files (7x)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 with OGG Files (7x)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:
WeeHappyPixie wrote:
My mistake guys, the file is a .ov2 file. i was reading the description when i was creating the post.

My TomTom is a GO 910. My maps are 710.1561

John

Have you tried my alternative method?

Yipeee.....

Thanks Andy, Worked like a charm. As you said though, bit of a nightmare getting right file due to length of filename so I created a little batch file to rename ann the ov2 files to Gatso_20 etc just to shorten them.

Well impressed with the new sounds folder. Thanks again...

John

John

Just beware though that with you renaming the files that when you update them they will be over written by the new ones and the name could be changed. Glad you sorted it but all my oggs work fine in my map folder.

Flack Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, no they wont get overwritten, because you don't re-download the ogg files every time a new database comes out.
It's only the ogg files that he's renamed, because with this method they DON'T need to have the same names as the camera data files any more!

All should be fine Smile
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Erm, no they wont get overwritten, because you don't re-download the ogg files every time a new database comes out.
It's only the ogg files that he's renamed, because with this method they DON'T need to have the same names as the camera data files any more!

All should be fine Smile

Andy

This method then seems to be a better way of using the files , nice tip thanks for the info.

Flack Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking good so far, Darren has had a problem with the files appearing twice in the list, but I can't recreate that.
The other good thing is that you can put the files in FOLDERS and the folders appear in the selection list too (you open them by tapping on them).

The only problems I can see so far is that a ) it only works with v7 software and b ) it would mean re-naming all the files on the ogg files collection page again so they don't all look the same on screen Crying or Very sad
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried this method on my 910 and not sure if this is a problem, If I select demo route through TT home all the alerts play the ogg files correctly, but if I use the demo of my route on the TT910 it self all the sounds that I set it to warn when near ( the files in the sound folder ) they default to just a bell or whistle and don't play the ogg.

Not checked it on a proper route in my car but I would have thought that it would be the same on both demo methods.

using ver 7 software.

Flack Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...
Can you double check (on the device itself) that your warn when near settings still LOOK like they are selected to the new sounds.

The virtual TomTom in Home often seems to reset various things back to default settings (like the quick menu on my 720).

Also, I noticed a funny today that MIGHT be relevant.
I have some of my POI warnings set up to use the TTS voice and "type your own warning". If I then "disable voice" then those POI warnings revert to "bell 1". (I know "disable voice" isn't in the 910 menu but it might be something similar.
Can you do a few experiments and tell us how you get on.
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Hmmm...
Can you double check (on the device itself) that your warn when near settings still LOOK like they are selected to the new sounds.

Yes can confirm sounds set to warn when near are all still set, and when I selected the ogg file from the list it showed me the correct name of the file and even played it for me upon selection. I have to go on a trip this morning so I will give it a try on a real run and report back later.

Edit

Just realized that the names of the oggs in the sound folder are not the same as in the map folder, so I have just set them to the same name as the ones in the map folder and will report back after my outing.

Flack Very Happy
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well some are now working but some still refuse to use the ogg files. Yet when you select an ogg it speaks the warning but will not use it on the demo or the demo route on the unit.
Then just to confuse you even more some that worked on the unit in demo mode do not work on Home demo !!!!!!!

Flack Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaarg.... Stop it!
Thanks for the info, though. I'd better try some more experiments (never going to get this new voice finished!)
bill99jt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 510 with the same problem, Upgraded the firmware to 7.161.
I have tried moving the ogg files to the sounds folder, but no change.

when I enable the "warn when near POI" for a camera type I can select the warning distance,

then it asks me "is the sound I want to select" without giving me any sounds to chose from, if i say yes, it returns to the main map screen ,but
if i say no it just says "no photos found" & I have to do a soft reset to get out of that screen.

any thoughts ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
I don't think you have a problem.

If you read the instructions, it says when it asks you "is this the sound you want to use" you must answer "Yes", but you won't hear it or get any acknowledgement - that is the normal behaviour. If you answer "no", then it crashes - we know that happens.

when it returned you to the map page, did you actually try a demo route past a camera to see if it had worked?

If you have MOVED the files to the "sounds" folder, they should appear on the sound effects page, but if you have only COPIED them there, then the original scenario will STILL happen, because if there is a file with the same name as the ov2 file it will automatically take over as above, and not let you choose anything else.

I might be wrong, can you provide a complete listing of all the files in your map folder (including the three letter extension to the file names). Downloading "DriveZ" from http://www.snapfiles.com/get/drivez.html will help you do that.
Then we can get a better idea of what is going on.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill99jt wrote:
then it asks me "is the sound I want to select" without giving me any sounds to chose from, if i say yes, it returns to the main map screen , ....
Should it not carry on the the "Warn Only if on Route" Screen?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
bill99jt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem solved, I copied instead of moved the ogg files. Now I have deleted them in the map folder it seems to be ok.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! Thumbs Up
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok re my last post about some ogg file warnings working while others did not, I have now got them all to work in Demo mode on the unit and in home as well.

I have named the ogg files in the sound folder to the exact names of the poi's that are in the map folder and now they all work as they should.

I now have all the help me oggs to warn when near like Hospital & Police station.

Flack

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: