Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lifetime membership
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lifetime membership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phonethieves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Lifetime membership Reply with quote

Hi there I have submitted a number of camera locations and removals and I am a full paying member, the database include my submissions, I got the auto email for reporting but have heard nothing since, I think some reports were as long as three months ago.

Regards

Phil
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the announcement at the top of the page.
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your submissions qualify for free membership, it is awarded within a very short time of the publication of the new database into which they are incorporated. Getting an email acknowledging receipt of your submission is automatically generated and simply confirms the details back to you. It does NOT mean that your submission qualifies for free membership.

Have you looked at the box "Expand for Details of FREE Subscriptions" Here? One VERY important qualification is that yours must be the first submission and that takes some doing, because there are a lot of other members out there trying to do just that!

I don't want to belittle your question, but before you respond to this, please try to do a Search on it, as it is a frequent matter and you'll find the ground has been turned over very thoroughly.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your 2 mobile sites have been verified but are waiting for further sitings to be reported.
your 3 removes have yet to be verified.

MaFt
phonethieves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that, One thing that is going on in Sunderland is they are moving around a speed activated sign on some posts they have installed, its a bit naughty and borders entrapment. They have the sign up, others not familiar with cameras, think it is a camera brake heavy when it lights up, then they take it down move it to the next location and then site the mobile camera about 30 metres away from the old sign location.

So those that think it is a camera that has gone then have a camera van sitting there in the bus stop.

Phil
stehanson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt - you obviously can see as a mod what cams are waiting to have sightings reported again or waht details (if any) were missed off and waiting to be up-dated against said submissions, is there a page a user can view to see their submission status to avoid questions like this cropping up? - I myself have wondered about a few of mine, as one in particular I see often so may have been verified (or may not have been seen by another user yet) or could have details missing neeeeded to include it in the main database
Ste
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt isn't just a mod. he *IS* the database!

That's why it is so time consuming for him to have to check all these "why haven't I got my free life subscription" requests.

A status page sounds nice, but I'm sure if it was easy to achieve, it would already be there. Thinking about it though, what added info would it provide?
At the moment, if your submission isn't on the database yet, then it hasn't been verified (or, admittedly, it *has* been verified and rejected)
If it IS on the database and you haven't been informed, then it wasn't you that was first.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stehanson wrote:
MaFt - you obviously can see as a mod what cams are waiting to have sightings reported again or waht details (if any) were missed off and waiting to be up-dated against said submissions, is there a page a user can view to see their submission status to avoid questions like this cropping up? - I myself have wondered about a few of mine, as one in particular I see often so may have been verified (or may not have been seen by another user yet) or could have details missing needed to include it in the main database
Ste
Hmmmm ..
Andy wrote:
A status page sounds nice, but I'm sure if it was easy to achieve, it would already be there.
This is what it says in red immediately above the map on the camera submission page..
Quote:
NEW: The submission map below now shows active sites, pending mobile sites and your own submissions that have been provisionally included (i.e. not every submission) but awaiting verification - they will not show up straight away but will be shown as coloured squares to differentiate them from active cameras.
There's your status page. So .... if you have made a submission and it isn't visible to you, it hasn't made it onto the map - perhaps somebody else beat you to it and it's still awaiting verification, but you can't see it because it's not your submission. Or it may not have made it at all (something wrong with your submission). Remember, you get a confirmatory email when you submit, showing all the details you entered, you could keep that and check it over perhaps.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: