Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 7 For Go Classic And Go 300! And Handsfree Fix Too?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 7 For Go Classic And Go 300! And Handsfree Fix Too?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Updated my TTG0500 Reply with quote

The first time I connected my TTG500 up to Home yesterday evening it offered me the update but knocked it back to version 6.50
So did it again and all went well to V 7.161
Had to reset the POI warnings ect but it seems to be faster..But maybe its me getting slower.
Confused
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTH2 recommended I upgrade my TT from V7 operating system to V7.161 (which I have done). When I turn off the TT it will not turn back on again without removing/reinserting the SD card. I am running a TTOV2 Europe with V7.10 maps and TT 7.161.

Anyone else finding this?
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just logged case with TT re above issue. Reverted back to a previous version of ttsystem file from a backup (just restored the ttsystem not the whole SD card). TT working properly again with TT OS 7.131

Anyone else got problems?
cantreadamap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Louda wrote:
Just logged case with TT re above issue. Reverted back to a previous version of ttsystem file from a backup (just restored the ttsystem not the whole SD card). TT working properly again with TT OS 7.131

Anyone else got problems?

Exactly the same problem as you, restored ttsystem back to 7.131 and it now works fine. Please report back on the outcome of the case. Thanks.
ETA I'm using Home 1.5 build 106 and the One v2
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit to showmethewaytogohome who wrote.

Hi Lola
after downloading my one xl also refused to start up. I did a re-boot and following all is working well. I hope this helps you. best regards
showmethewaytogohome.

I did this and pressed reset when the unit failed to boot. Works OK.
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
keefrto wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
well the back up works Cool I have not noticed too many people saying they have had issues with the update, a) cos they don't know, b) cos it works for them, c) they own a better up to date version of TOMTOM Question

I did have a problem in that I couldn't turn the XL on after the update unless I removed and re-inserted the card.

When I put the query onto the TomTom support page, it came back with another question regarding how to reset it - My TomTom device won’t turn on. How can I reset my device?
In summary:
- charge device for 2 hours - ie make sure it's charged up
- remove SD card if it has one
- press and hold reset button for 15 seconds
- turn device on
- re-insert SD card if it has one

As it would appear to be a useful FAQ, I'm not sure why I can't get it to show without asking a relevant question first. Confused

It's worked fine since then.

Hi, well not sure what I did. I tried wot you said and unfortunately nope. I deleted the original update, then as I was about to update again, TTHome said there was an update to it, so I downloaded that, downoaded the update for the TTG300 and me it works. Incidentally TT support advised me to: delete the loose files and not any folders, redownload and voila.
I did not do that!!!

It looks a great update as well, especially the map sharing. Smell that fresh air of a revitalised unit
USA and Canada maps v840.2561
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Anybody know a good way to get coffee off of a LCD screen? Shocked
SIMPLE just use your DAY ONE backup. We cannot overemphasise the advice to take a full backup before anything else.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
dhn wrote:
Anybody know a good way to get coffee off of a LCD screen? Shocked
SIMPLE just use your DAY ONE backup. We cannot overemphasise the advice to take a full backup before anything else.

Are you having an "off-day" Dennis, or was that VERY tongue in cheek? Wink
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go: the answer from TT re the case I lodged. Seems like the same as mentioned...

In most likelihood it is a space issue on the internal memory/SD card of your Tom Tom.

Please connect your Tom Tom to your computer and then switch it on. Go into My Computer (Start menu or Desktop) and open the Tom Tom/Removable Disc drive. Keep ALL yellow folders but delete everything else. You will then have deleted the existing application. Now reinstall the version 7.161 software again. This should resolve the issue. However if it does not it will mean that the space on the Tom Tom is very limited not allowing it to proceed past the splash screen.

Another method would be to copy the Western Europe, Voices and Zip folders to your computer. Go back to the main My Computer screen, right-click on the Tom Tom/Removable Disc drive and select Format. Format the SD card/internal memory of your Tom Tom system. Once this is done, copy the three folders back onto the Tom Tom. Now reinstall the application using Tom Tom HOME. This should allow you to run the application.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Update: tried second method above but wanted to install App 6.56. Reloaded SD Card pressed the reset button and all is OK so I doubt it is a space issue. There is about 20Mb spare on the card which is about what it came with.
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since upgrade to v7 on my classic, the camera alerts don't work for en-route only, I've ticked all the boxes but still warns of cameras on the other side of the road.

This was mentioned on the other side, several people having the same problem.
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a feature not a problem (as far as TT are concerned!) Laughing

As I said on t'other side -

Helps with their incorrectly placed POIs and makes their rival's camera database work less well. That's two pluses in their book!

I think It's happened slowly over at least two software updates (possibly once in v6 and then again between v6 and v7.
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read your post on the other side Andy, I thought if I posted on here, the PGPS team may come up with a solution. It is gonna be a big knock-back for them as a lot of people just won't bother using the database, too much irrelevant information being thrown at you while you're driving Crying or Very sad
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the TomTom database and you will notice the same thing, in addition you will notice warnings for cameras that simply are not there and no warnings for some that are live.
Version 7 software seems to have widened the field of view even when set to "warn only if on route" when compared to earlier versions, there is very little that could be done to alter camera positions to cater for this, the database is accurate and that is the main consideration - it is the software that is causing the problem, roll back to version 6 and watch the problem vanish - Mike
fox2319
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rugrat2 wrote:
Put it on my go300 no help me menu!!!

Have you got anything like CapturePOI or non-standard menus installed? That's what happened to me but it was fixed when I deleted the SDK directory

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: