Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 660FM Map Versions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 660FM Map Versions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pipeliner
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Nuvi 660FM Map Versions Reply with quote

Had a 660FM for just over a month and found that that when in Simulation Mode that it could not complete a journey as it got stuck at roundabouts. Contacted Garmin as i thought i should have a correctly working model. Well they have just replaced it but i have noticed the new one has City Navigator NT 2008 where the old 660FM was V9. Is 2008 better/newer than V9?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 660FM Map Versions Reply with quote

Pipeliner wrote:
Had a 660FM for just over a month and found that that when in Simulation Mode that it could not complete a journey as it got stuck at roundabouts. Contacted Garmin as i thought i should have a correctly working model. Well they have just replaced it but i have noticed the new one has City Navigator NT 2008 where the old 660FM was V9. Is 2008 better/newer than V9?

Oh yes Wink - it's the new version all us V9 users are waiting for. So it's in production at least!
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being using this place for two years and have been impressed with the service - always seem to have stock in early.

Got my 670 a couple of days after Garmin announced it.

Absolutely no connection with them.

www.mysatnav.ie

Garmin nüvi 710, 760 & 770.

With Christmas just around the corner, Garmin have just released the new nüvi 700 series. The 700 series comes with the latest mapping, City Navigator Europe 2008, and is described as elegant and slim with a compact design and an internal (non-flip) antenna making it easy to slip into your pocket or purse.

There are 3 models available from mysatnav

710 - Ireland & UK mapping (available Now!)
760 - Ireland, UK & Europe mapping (available after 14th Nov)
770 - Ireland, UK, Europe & North America (due mid December)
New features include:

Multi-routing: Unlike the A to B navigation of the nüvi 600 series, the 700 series allows you to enter in multiple destinations at the same time and not only does the GPS optimise the route for you to show you the most efficient way but you can also save the route. As the GPS can hold up to 10 routes at anyone time it means that you can really plan ahead. So if you are in the delivery business or similar, you can plan your journey, optimise it, save it and call it up everytime you are out on the road.

Where am I?: The 700 series offers similar features to the 600 series such as POI's but with an extra feature called "Where am I?". This feature is excellent in emergency situations - simply press the "Where Am I?" button to get your exact co-ordinates. Also, for those of you out there who can never remember where you parked the car, the "Last Position" feature records your position as soon as you take the device off the car mount.

Track log: Record your journeys and view them on Google Earth or you can save them for future reference.

FM Transmitter / Integrated Traffic Receiver: These are now standard across the nüvi 700 series.

Garmin nüvi 710 €409 with Free Delivery (RRP €429.00 exc. p&p)

Garmin nüvi 760 €512 with Free Delivery (RRP €565.00 exc. p&p)

Garmin nüvi 770* €620 with Free Delivery (RRP €682.00 exc. p&p)

*The Garmin nüvi 770 is not available until mid December however we are accepting back orders and will ship as soon as we receive stock.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to exchange my faulty 660FM in Halfords via a previously arranged RMA with Garmin.

Came with Europe NT2008 Maps and 4 new blue vehicle icons (sharper definition). Map size on Ver 9 was 1.30Gb, the NT2008 Version was 1.43GB. All other files seem to be the same as on the one I exchanged. Not noticed any other differences though.

Box is identical with no version no. identifiable

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: