Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 7 issues I have
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 7 issues I have

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 7 issues I have Reply with quote

1. Loads fine in Vista and the Live Central works fine, however loading any maps, regions or basically anything to do with maps throws an error that country.dat can't be written either at the start or half way through the loading of maps on either my SD or CF card, both have over 3.2 gigs each on them free

2. Loaded CP7 on my XP machine, loaded fine, live central worked 1 time and when I closed and reopened would not load again. I was able to get 1 small area of maps to load, only to get a file error at the end about loading up a license file.

3. Maps do not seem up to date at all, missing my streets after 4 years still! heck even google maps has them!!

4. Once loaded on my PPC, it seems a bit slower, but the interface is nice. I loaded up a quick route and it seems to work fine with calculating based on how I have CP6 setup. Volume adjustment would not stay on the setting I made after closing and opening back up. I actually think the menu layout is worse than CP6

5. I'm not sure the preloaded maps would work any differently, didn't try the SD card they sent, I loaded from central live. The fact that I would be forced to use there SD card does not thrill me at all. What if something gets corrupted?

Overall, it looks nice, I suppose other's may have better luck, the fact that it worked differently on 2 OS's did not thrill me and the fact that the program loaded fine on the PPC, however the maps just never quite got there due to various errors just doesn't cut it for me. The maps don't seem any newer in the area I live in than the CP6. For the money I seem to be better off just sticking with CP6, it works fine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: