Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with TomTom6 7 digit postcode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with TomTom6 7 digit postcode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Problem with TomTom6 7 digit postcode Reply with quote

I have just installed TomTom 6 to my PDA, but unlike my TomTom 5, the 7 digit post code functionality is not great. When I type a post code, it just brings up the town rather than the street or specific area. Nothing like the post code finder of TT5. Is there something I am not doing correctly?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with TomTom6 7 digit postcode Reply with quote

800 wrote:
I have just installed TomTom 6 to my PDA, but unlike my TomTom 5, the 7 digit post code functionality is not great. When I type a post code, it just brings up the town rather than the street or specific area. Nothing like the post code finder of TT5. Is there something I am not doing correctly?
Can you explain what happens? 7 digit postcodes do work on TT6, but there are several reasons why you might be having problems.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
waynes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing on mine when I first installed it- have you installed the folder named "ZIP" this is the folder that contains the postcode data, wihout it you just get towns etc when you type in a postcode.

Hope this helps!
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks waynes. I have looked for the folder 'ZIP' but no luck. Would you know exactly where to find it and how to correctly install? When I search 'zip', iIget a lot of zip files but I am sure that was not what you meant. There are however two files in the 'post codes' sub folder within the TT6 main folder- great britain postal and great britain postal.ver. Are these relevant? Many thanks for any help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two files:

great britain postal
great britain postal.ver

Should be in a folder named zip which resides in the root of the memory card, where did you get this software from if its installed these files in a folder named postcodes as that is not right at all? - Mike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BGF,
When I enter fist two letters of post code, it would automatically bring up the town and subsequent entries appear not to be relevant eg If I enter CT, Canterbury town comes up in drop down menu and subsequent completion of 7 digit post code shows nothing else. In TT5, entry of complete post code brings up a location, street or road. I am sure I am not doing something right and need help. Many thanks.
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks. Problem solved. Two files ( great britain postal
great britain postal.ver) will have to be in the ZIP folder to install post code functionality. Thanks Mike, Waynes and BGF. Much apreeciated!
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
where did you get this software from if its installed these files in a folder named postcodes as that is not right at all? - Mike

This was not answeed though Cool
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: