Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigfoot47 wrote:

Do you have to copy all speed cam data/poi data or any other data to the folder on sd card.I think i remember seeing post saying create mp3 folder etc but i do not want to naff it up AGAIN! Thanks for any help.

You need to copy over to the map folder on the SD card all your POI's and speed camera files. Shouldn't worry about the mp3 folder as you won't have the space for them.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigfoot47 wrote:
Do you have to copy all speed cam data/poi data or any other data to the folder on sd card.I think i remember seeing post saying create mp3 folder etc but i do not want to naff it up AGAIN! Thanks for any help.
If you copy the MapSettings.cfg File to the new Folder, it might save you having to set up your personal settings.

Don't forget to always do a Backup before you change anything. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
georgemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have now officially given up on my map upgrade. TomTom support gave me an address to write to in the Netherlands with my complaint, no email address, and I'm not going to be spendig more time and money posting a letter to Holland.

My main complaints were

1. TomTom never informed me of the new map release during the 30 day Map Guarantee period.
2. TomTom home has always told me that my unit has the latest maps when trying to use the map guarantee function - 6.75 mapping which is clearly not the case.

I have just fitted a new hard drive to my laptop and did fresh install of TomTom Home, and created a new account, so it would appear that this is the first use of my one XL - it is still telling me that my unit has the latest maps - even although it has 6.75.

I like the unit, prefer it to my old Garmin i3 which is on Ebay right now, but once I am finished with this unit will not return to TomTom or advise anyone else to buy their products. Lost customer for TomTom in my case.
bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy and xda many thanks for the info, once i am sure all is ok will purchase 4Gb sd card (that has been tested) and stick some tunes on
Cheers
plank0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated my TT720T with the new (v710 western Eu) map, all is well with the world once more!.

But what's this..... the Cmptr voice no longer works!.

Remove it, re-download it and reinstall it via TT Home 2, still no joy.

What the hell is going on!!!!!! Sad Mad Angry Censored :wall:
Version 7.481 (9086/080324) OS:3024
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.4106
Western_Europe v710.1561
TT RDS-TMC: 4V00.010.2

hersheywillow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: LATEST MAP GUARANTEE Reply with quote

I purchased a tomtom 920t for £380 a couple of weeks ago but had to take it back due to a minor fault with the mike. The store refunded my money then sold me another 920t for £320.00 as it had just been reduced in price. I have not connected this one to tomtom home and won't for a while as i believe the 30 day latest map guarantee starts from the first day tomtom home finds your new device so i will wait for a newer map to appear first unless someone here knows this not to be the case.
I think tomtom should treat their UK customers more like they do their USA customers who get a free year of updates when they purchase a 920 and they don't have to pay what we do for them.
link for one year update http://www.tomtom.com/page/1yearmaps
Also, if they charged a fair price for them and stopped keep reducing them then they might not get so many returned for refunds for minor faults, come on tomtom, give us free maps for a year and while your at it why not update them better and faster and correct poi errors and the useless help screen.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the Link it is suggesting that the 1 year offer is for ALL 920 buyers. Shocked

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Looking at the Link it is suggesting that the 1 year offer is for ALL 920 buyers. Shocked

Very interesting, especially since I haven't yet opened my box.
Do I or do I not have the yellow leaflet?
How good is the activation code?
When you activate it, is it a once off?
Do you get new maps for not only Western & Central Europe, but also North America?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
F2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:

Well, interesting but....

My "certificate" issued with a US 920, sold at Costco (online), appears limited to the FIRST 30 days. But more interesting is that the certificate indicates that it is for the 720 model!!!!!

I guess email or calls are in order.
Eif
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..this looks like a lot of fun! i had a 720t for christmas, been having some trouble updating the map too (surprise surprise!). the current map on my TT is the 7.5 version, I've done all the updates on the Home software, and tried downloading the map under the File/latest map guarantee option. It tells me 'your new map is available', so i downloaded it (took about five hours on 1 meg connection). i thought it had worked, but then found i had no europe map at all, just 'canary islands'!! WTF? luckily i had read on here to do a backup before changing anything, and managed to restore it. looking at the Western Europe map folder before i restored it, it was reporting folder size as soething like 45 MB instead of the 1.7GB i was expecting.
is it possible that there isnt enough free memory on the tomtom, so it simply cant transfer the new file onto it, and the map is lost? should i buy a 2gb SD card and fit that before trying it again? (TT Home is still giving me the option to download new map). havent contacted TT customer support yet. any advice gratefully received Smile
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 720 has a 2GB Internal memory so should be big enough.

Connect the 720 to the PC and under Add Maps, Traffic, Voices, etc select Items on my computer.

Is there an entry for Maps? If so, select More info ... and does this say Version: 710 and the size?

If you've got that then delete the Map on the 720 and use the above menus to Add the 710 Map.

If it's not the Map you were downloading, then something has gone wrong with the download, and you'll need to start again.

Eif
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Oldboy...just tried that, in 'items on my computer' it says i have version 7.10, and the size is 1.7gb. i checked my free space and its 1.9gb. so i deleted the original Western Europe map, and added the 710 map. great i thought...but nope!..back to the same scenario..only the Canary Islands on my TT. doing a restore from backup again. either theres something wrong with the download, or the TT. Sad
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eif wrote:
thanks Oldboy...just tried that, in 'items on my computer' it says i have version 7.10, and the size is 1.7gb. i checked my free space and its 1.9gb. so i deleted the original Western Europe map, and added the 710 map. great i thought...but nope!..back to the same scenario..only the Canary Islands on my TT. doing a restore from backup again. either theres something wrong with the download, or the TT. Sad

Have you tried the clearflash tool?

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6221&Lid=4
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and have you tried a Reset?

Eif
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont have a flash card in it...would i still need to use clearflash tool? not looked into that yet. Oldboy, do you mean factory reset via the software or the reset button on the TT?

I have just tried downloading the map again...even thought its 'allegedly' already installed (am back to the canary islands at the mo!). I think the files are corrupt. they dont take ten minutes to download over 1meg broadband (although the time remaining says five hours!) and looking at the folder that it downloads to, its total size is 28mb and contains three files! something wrong there. is there any way to download this from somewhere else?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 21 of 36

Jump to: