Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - In Car GPS Advice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

In Car GPS Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devilin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: In Car GPS Advice Reply with quote

After doing a bit of research on here I recently purchased an Ipaq 2210 along with a Navman 4410. I then added in a Seidio 2500 mount for the ipaq.

After using it for a few weeks I've found that the Ipaq sitting in the 2500 mount is in a nice tidy location, I've been happy with the Navman software.

What I'd like to do is put the BT GPS on the back window out of the way, maybe run power to it, I'm not sure. The problem with the 4410 as far as I can tell though is I need to press the On button every time I want to use it which is a bit of a pain.

Is there a way to make the 4410 auto power on or do I need to look at some other hardware that does this ?
d3f3nd3r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not run an external arial and put the GPS somewhere near your seating position so you can reach the power button. That's if you can't find the auto power on software which I doubt is available. Thumbs Up
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of a Bluetooth receiver is its portability and 'no wires'.
Fitting permanent power and external antennas to it is really defeating the object.
I just switch mine on and toss it onto the dash or even in the centre console then turn it off and pop it away afterwards.

The 4410 (4400) switches itself off after a couple of minutes if there is no active connection (saves the batteries)
d3f3nd3r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icsys wrote:
The idea of a Bluetooth receiver is its portability and 'no wires'.

I do not necessarily agree. Bluetooth helps in wireless communication between different types of devices. I don't think portability is really a benefit related to bluetooth receivers as most GPS's, bluetooth or not are portable.

At some point you still have to charge it so there will (for now at least) still be a wire involved somewhere.

When Devilin said he wants to run power to it I thought he might as well run an external arial too. Mr. Green

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: