Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 7 for Pocket PC?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 7 for Pocket PC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, TomTom have been unable to provide an official response on this subject/debacle and as it is well and truly 'out in the wild' now I've unlocked this thread.

We will permit discussion of the v7 application for PPC, installation etc. what will not be permitted is any discussion of installing pirated maps etc. Any links to sites etc that are hosting the installation files will be deleted, if you need them then use Google.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Where's the Palm version?! Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the following links are direct to the TomTom web site, they have been posted over the years in the TomTom Go, One and Rider forum section, to save people asking too many questions or time searching for these I have put a few important ones below:

For the “HelpMe" user guides you can download the required data direct from TomTom by visiting This Page, simply unzip the download and put the resultant “helpme” folder in to the root directory of your storage.

For the PostCodes to work you can download the required data direct from TomTom by visiting This Page, again unzip the download and put the resultant “zip” folder in to the root directory or your storage.

If you need some voices they can be obtained free of charge from This Page, note you must be logged in to the TomTom web site to be able to click the download option adjacent to the voice. Unzip the download and place the two files into the “voices” folder in the root directory or your storage, if need be create the “voices” folder before putting the files in to it (note no”” are required)

Note the above should all be supplied with the software on the device, however without any official comment it is difficult to know what is and isn't included, when I had a mess around with a German HTC Diamond with the application installed, the HelpMe and Postcode data was missing, also only a single (German) voice was installed. The above is a way to put the full functionality into the software (these are the actual links I used for the required files) - my mate has flown back home earlier this week a happy bunny with more working on his unit than when he arrived! - Mike
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
All the following...

Sorry Mike, I was being mischievous and adding 'Palm' into the spicy-as-it-is recipe of Nav 7 for PPC. Crying or Very sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT but the demise of PalmOS is a real shame, I had a Palm T3 and the screen was superb and worked very well with TTN. The OS was a little limiting but still better at core tasks than PPC.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
OT but the demise of PalmOS is a real shame...

I agree... a prime example of a leading company failing to understand market requirements, failing to continuously innovate, and delivering some shoddy customer relationship management... other companies should take note! Wink
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think I want a HTC Advantage X7510 which has at last been released.

So .... Simple Question .... Should I get it now, or wait a (very short, I'm keen) little time and see whether I'll get TTN7 (whatever that is)? Confused

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look at the HTC advantages alone, because TTN (TomTom Navigator) seems to be stuck on V675 and from the area i am looking at seems to be at least 4 yrs out of date, this appears to be a teleatlas problem, I personally reported these 2 yrs ago to both Teleatlas and Navteq, the latter has half updated.
It would seem to me that that TomTom are now encouraging piracy by their silence on upgrading V6 for PDAs and phones by the v7 rips for these units,
By the way I have not tried or used these but they seem to be very available.
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satellite wrote:
They have been clever!!!!

TomTom:
Let the "pirates" do the donkey work, we sell the newer maps but without support and we make more money!!!!! Wink
Does make you wonder. If they wanted to tie TTN7 to HTC devices with inbuilt GPS chipsets, why incorporate an option to use an external GPS? And why allow it to run on old OS?
GarySN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Any links to sites etc that are hosting the installation files will be deleted, if you need them then use Google.
Hi all

Just thought I'd let you know that I now have TTN7 running on my Orange SPV M700 running Windows Mobile 5. I have purchased and registered the version 7.20 Western and Central Europe map and everything is working correctly, including Mapshare updates.

All the info to do this is on a developers' forum site which I'm not allowed to mention, but a google search for 'tt7 extracted from diamond' should find the discussion thread containing all the required info.

Gary.
potnoodle81
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ttn7 and I was wondering if theres a way to transfer my favorites from ttn6 to my ttn7??

I've tried copying over the mapsettings.cfg but ttn7 doesn't load up, it just says out of memory...can anyone help?

cheers
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convert them to POIs.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Adamj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it would seem to me that that TomTom are now encouraging piracy by their silence on upgrading V6 for PDAs and phones by the v7 rips for these units,

Kicking loyal customers in the balls is asking for trouble and tomtom have only got themselves to blame. Just look how the ttn7 challenge has progressed from a month ago, it now unofficially runs on nearly everything out there.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adamj wrote:
Kicking loyal customers in the balls is asking for trouble and tomtom have only got themselves to blame.

I have to agree fully. I spent a while in conversations with TT support and all I managed to get was a 'we have no idea when it will be released' and my name added to a list of people willing to test the new software prior to release. Since then I have heard nothing (not unsurprisingly).
It is TTs loss though as I have bought McGuider now and for much less than TT would want for the software too (a little over £30 for full Western Europe maps). I also expect McGuider to be updated quicker since it is supported directly by TeleAtlas (well assuming TT takeover doesn't result in support being dropped).
MGTF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potnoodle81 wrote:
I have ttn7 and I was wondering if theres a way to transfer my favorites from ttn6 to my ttn7??

I've tried copying over the mapsettings.cfg but ttn7 doesn't load up, it just says out of memory...can anyone help?

cheers

I copied the CFG file (had to rename it to mapsettings.cfg) worked no problem

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: