Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map of Western Europe v7.10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map of Western Europe v7.10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamie wrote:
I've been getting the same messages as everyone else. looks like a standard cut & paste answer...

My answer was a little different, because there was mentioned that the latest map guarantee service has been changed last week and the technical section has now solved the problems. The rest was same, let us see and hope.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

united002 wrote:
hiya dont know if anyone can help me or not?? ive got a 510 running the latest update with a 2gb sd card, i bought the updated map of western europe, downloaded it and after ive finished downloading it it comes up with internal server error and thats it. when i go back to up date the map it says i need to download it again. i checkedthe ownload file and ive now downloaded it twice and have the folowing files.

activation_map_50000 (a zip file)
map9020 (picture icon)
map9020-1
Western_Europe (a zip file)

is there anyway of manually installing this now as i really dont want to download nearly 2 gb again!. the only thing i did whe downloading it was to delete the old maps fom the sd card (i do have a back up though) as it said there wsnt enough space.

thanks

euan

When I was getting the 'Internal Server Error' I tried starting the dowload after midnight when the server was less busy, and it downloaded and installed OK.

This post from mikealder in another thread explains that for installation the download needs to include an activation file with a .dct extension.

mikealder wrote:
Have a look at the map folder using Windows Explorer and see if there is a file with the extension of .dct in the folder, if it is missing your map needs activation, for this you will need to contact TomTom support (0845 161 0009) - Mike

Samsung Galaxy S21

Last edited by Anita on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
united002
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya i first downloaded it and it finished at 0100 and it failed then set it going again and it failed this morning now having a 3rd go!!! fingers crossed i do have a zipped activation file thats downloaded but it contains zero bites so maybe thats the problem. if it fails again is it worth phoning tomtom or am i going to waste my time there?

cheers again euan
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

united002 wrote:
hiya i first downloaded it and it finished at 0100 and it failed then set it going again and it failed this morning now having a 3rd go!!! fingers crossed i do have a zipped activation file thats downloaded but it contains zero bites so maybe thats the problem. if it fails again is it worth phoning tomtom or am i going to waste my time there?

cheers again euan

I think it's worth contacting them. The more people who do the more chance there is of them taking it seriously.
Samsung Galaxy S21
crowvalley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone awaiting a reply from TomTom to an email - don't hold your breath. I emailed their 'pre sales enquiry' team at the begining of last week with questions regarding the latest maps and what was the likely cost of future mapshare participation and I certainly haven't had a reply yet. This is also not the first email that has been ignored.
lyghthouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the V7 map work on the TTGO300?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK not until v7 software is released for the 300.
unwanted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note:

* In order to successfully download a new map, please ensure that you accept the free upgrade to TomTom HOME 2.1 and update the software on your device when prompted.

I take it from that message (or warning) on TomTom's site I'm completly stuffed for installing the new maps... as I'm on AppleMac OSX and there dosnt appear to be HOME 2 for Mac... Surprised Surprised

glad I havnt wasted any money in buying the maps then... THAT WAS LUCKY!!! Evil or Very Mad

BEWARE!!! appears to be no HOME 2 for MacOS unless someone can tell me any different... Shocked

crowvalley wrote:
For anyone awaiting a reply from TomTom to an email - don't hold your breath. I emailed their 'pre sales enquiry' team at the begining of last week with questions regarding the latest maps and what was the likely cost of future mapshare participation and I certainly haven't had a reply yet. This is also not the first email that has been ignored.

TomTom's customer services is second to everyone... even when they are wrong their right... they use the line "The navigation industry is a relatively new industry and only has 15% of market penetration" as a get out clause to the poor standard of there service...

btw: good luck with the wait for a reply, there a very small company... Wink
ikhlaq786
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Sorry to come in so late to this conversation as I have had problems downloading the latest map using Home. I paid my £40 and each time I tried to download it would say that the download would take 7 hours. When it got to 90% the download would crash. TomTom CS kept telling me it was my PC's fault as it was slow and I disable my antivirus and firewalls to download.
After quite a bit of tooing and throughing I finally got quite abrupt and rude I am afraid to say and demanded my money back. My PC' has broadband and there was no way on Gods earth that I would disable my antivirus or firewall.
Unfortunately I was very, very disappointed by their customer service and would not recommend it to anybody.
Mad
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download certainly isnt fast - about 4 hours on a 1Mb connection but it did complete 1st time.

Dont disable your firewall - your PC security isnt worth a map upgrade.
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: 910 latest map server error Reply with quote

I have just wasted lots of time trying to install the latest paid-for GB and NI map. Comes down OK but will not install. Discovered it has a zero size activate file so suspect their server is stuffed. Another small file installed OK. Lots of room on hard drive. Any one got around this problem or is it yet another call to the help line?

Mike
kobudera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar story here, I have been trying to update my 720s map to the latest v7.10 since I got it under a month ago.
My support email has got to about the same length as the Dead Sea Scrolls!
After a lot of sending of different bits of requested information (scanned proof of purchase, product code, serial number etc etc I found that the map had been added to my account as if I had purchased it, but having tried to download it four times, including after midnight and early morning, I get the "Internal Server Error" each time.

Maybe I should just email the Dead Sea Scrolls to them as a protest Wink

Anyway, I'll see what they say to this latest development, and report back

Kev
jsmall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed customer services on Saturday afternoon about this problem, glad it is just not me.

They sent me the following reply email, which as the activation file is 0kb I have to wait until tomorrow morning when their phone lines open up to get this sorted out

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems when installing your map.

TomTom strives to always offer high quality products and aims at providing solutions to satisfy our customers.

Therefore we would like to offer you an alternative solution to install your map.

Please follow the next steps to install your map:

1. Open TomTom HOME

2. Go To ‘Preferences’, ‘File preferences' Here you will see the link to the HOME downloads folder where all your downloads are stored.

3. Copy the link next to ‘Downloads’ (select the link, right-click and select ‘copy’)

4. Open a new internet browser window

5. Paste the link in the Address bar (click in the Address bar, right-click and select ‘paste’). Then click ‘Enter’. This will open the HOME download folder.

6. Select ‘View’, ‘details’ to see the file extensions. Search for the .zip folder associated with your map.

7. Create a new empty folder on your desktop: right click on your desktop and select ‘New’, ‘Folder’. A new,empty folder is created on your desktop.

8. Right click the new folder and select ‘rename’ from the menu.

9. Name this folder the same as the .zip file (without the .zip extension).

10. Open this file with the default ZIP program installed on your pc, for example WinZip or WinRar, by double-clicking on the file.

11. Select all files and Extract all files from the .cab file to the new folder on your desktop.

12. Then go back to the original location of the zip folder and you will see a .cab file (If this file is 1kb) then double click on the cabinet and you will see one file. Copy that file to the new folder on your desktop that you created. If the .cab file is 0kb please advise us as we will have to create a new activation file for you.

13. Copy the folder to your SD-card/Hard drive. (Right-click the folder and select ‘copy’, then go to ‘My Computer’ where you will find the TomTom as an external removable drive. Double-click the drive to see the content and right-click on an empty spot in its folder and select ‘paste’.)

14. Now the update is installed on your device.

With Best Regards

TomTom Customer Support Team
Waynester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

im going to spend £40 for the new 7.10 maps for my TOM TOM Version 2 Sat Nav, im going to download MAP OF WESTERN EUROPE 7.10, does this map include what is also on the Seperate maps called GREAT BRITAIN AND REPUBLIC OF IRELAND? is it exactly the same in every way?
i need Great Britain and ireland ideally, but would rather spend the £40 and have the western europe maps included aswell

thoughts?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waynester wrote:
im going to download MAP OF WESTERN EUROPE 7.10, does this map include what is also on the Seperate maps called GREAT BRITAIN AND REPUBLIC OF IRELAND?
In a word .... yes. Smile

GB & ROI are still part of Western Europe.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: