Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD CARD NOT ACCESSED
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD CARD NOT ACCESSED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: SD CARD NOT ACCESSED Reply with quote

I was just wandering if you might have experienced a problem which I am having with accessing an SD card. My new SD-Ultra card just arrived and I have inserted it into IPAQ. In Settings/System, the IPAQ tells me that there are 241MB available in Storage card.

Whilst trying to install Great Britain map (92MB), a choice is given as to where to install and I ticked SD card option. Problem is that the next box which comes up says 'Install card into H-drive - Retry?' I tried a soft reset after the card was put in, but that can't have been an issue as the IPAQ seems to recognise the card. The problem is that the TomTom software doesn't seem to be able to access card.

IPAQ sync up seems OK and I have Activesync 3.7.1 installed.

Any ideas?

Scoof.
Embarassed
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you run the installer you should get these three options:

1. PocketPC
2. PC memory Card Reader (CF/MMC/SD)
3. Folder on the PC

You should choose PocketPC if the SD Card is actually in the PPC? It sounds like you chose option 2 and the PC expects to find a mounted memory card installed in a card reader on the PC.
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 2.24 DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Darren,

Thank you very much for helping out with my SD card problem. How dumb was that of me to click the wrong option. Elementary!

Now to the real problem. A few weeks ago I successfully installed TT2.24 but this was with the limited memory available on IPAQ. For various reasons I had to back-up and do a 'hard reset'. I then did not load up TT2 from CD as I thought I would wait for my SD card first.

Now with your help I have installed TT2 and GB maps. The next step is TT website for TT2.24 download. However, the previous set-up info remains on my Desktop PC and I can't get it to load into IPAQ. When I go for set-up, a dialogue box comes up saying 'TT2.24 already active'.

I thought I could wipe this off the Desktop PC and basically download fresh from TT site, but computer doesn't let me delete.

What do I do now? TT2.24 is far superior and I must have it.

Scoof.
Embarassed
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not clear what you mean by "the previous set-up info remains on my Desktop PC"?

All you should need to do is download the 2.24 .zip file and extract it to a folder. Locate the folder and you will find it contains 2.24 files and a setup.exe file. Just launch that to run the 2.24 update which will install over the top of you current installation.
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 2.24 DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Darren,

Basically, the last time I downloaded TT2.24 I extracted the zipped files and the various 2.24 files appeared. Like you say, there was a set-up file which when clicked started talking with IPAQ and files started shifting.

This time, I went to website and clicked for download and just as I suspected computer realizes that much of the information is already on PC so the download did not last very long. The set-up file does not have .exe after it though; I'm sure that must be the problem. When I double click it nothing happens except for the fact that it tells me that TT2.24 is active.

Scoof.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm still a little confused! if the .zip file existed on your PC then any attempt to download it to the same location would pop a box asking if you wished to overwrite the existing file.

It maybe that for whatever reason, when you attempt to download the update it does not fully complete hence the problem when you try to extract it. Try downloading the file from my website, http://www.griffinnet.co.uk/files/ppgps/ppc_ttnav224.zip and try installing again. It may be an idea to search for the original .zip file and delete it before re-downloading.
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: TOMTOM 2.24 DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Darren,

Yes you are right. I remember getting the message regarding overwrite and I pressed 'Yes to all', hoping I would get a fresh download. I thought that this was my only choice as I could not get the old download to talk with IPAQ. I am just about to try your website, but thought I would search out .zip files to delete first. I have found ppc.ttnav224. But just as I told you yesterday, I can't get computer to delete. I get message 'Error deleting file: Cannot read from the source file or disk'.

Do you think I should ignore this and hope that downloading from your site will sort all this out? Or is there another way to wipe old stuff first.

Scoof.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you searched for the zip file, where was it located ?
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: TOMTOM 2.24 DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

It was a search of c-drive. So the answer is somewhere on c-drive.
Is that too vague??

Scoof.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just concerned as to why you cannot delete the existing zip file. Anyway at risk of straying into a PC-Help mode Confused , when you download the zip file again, ensure you download it to a different folder, e.g. c:\temp if that folder exists and then locate it and extract the contents to the same folder. Let me know how you get on.
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,

I think I am nearly there with your download. Installation nearly complete. Can you just help me with a pop up on IPAQ:
File in Use- The file\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe'' is in use or not in ROM. If the file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. Try again? Yes / No / Cancel ?

I do not want to pick wrong option.

Scoof
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means that TomTom is still running, you should go to Start|Settings - System Tab, select Memory - Running programs, highlight TomTom and Select 'Stop'. Alternatively you could perform a soft reset but you should do one or the other before before installing v2.24.
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,

Thanks. I think installation is complete. I have no further prompts on PC or IPAQ. I seem to remember that the last time I installed, TOMTOM NAVIGATOR, script appeared on IPAQ on the today screen and there was a process for setting up GPS receiver with lots of user friendly pictures on the IPAQ screen. How do I get that again? Or do I only get those prompts with new GPS driver installation only? I would have thought the script on the today screen would be visible at this stage.

Scoof.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only get that after installing GPS v2.09 driver.
Scoof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 2.24 INSTALLATION Reply with quote

At the risk of outstaying welcome:

Unzipped and ran GPS2.09 and okayed various prompts on the desktop screen. IPAQ did not get fired up though? So, no prompts on IPAQ screen and no bluetooth set up dialogue.

Scoof.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: