Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - best software for route through france to spain
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

best software for route through france to spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgchimp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: best software for route through france to spain Reply with quote

Hi

In the near future i am planning to live in Spain, this will involve a few trips overland through France to Spain. As i will be going straight there and back and i have Tom Tom 2 i was wondering if this software would suffice rather than buy the whole european package

http://www.tomtom.com/products/products.php?ID=22&Language=1

There is also a downloadable demo version on this link but it asks the following and i dont know which box to tick to download a demo

Route planner demo for pocket pcs with am ARM chip

Route planner demo for pocket pcs with an MIPS chip

Route planner demo for pocket pcs with an SH3 chip

I have an ipaq 3950 PDA with 2002 operating system on so does anyone know which one of the three will operate on my PDA and will this route planner do the job as i dont intend to make any detours and i just want the shortest route regardless of Tolls etc

Alan
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routeplanner is just what it says, a routeplanner. It will not give voice guidance, if you stray off its planned route it will not re-calculate the route or guide you back. The GPS Support will serve only to show your position on the map, be it on or off the indicated route.

The full navigation application is TomTom Navigator. This has voice guidance, auto route re-calculation and many more features but and its a big but, it will not navigate cross borders so you would need to install the France Map and the Spain Map and swap maps at the international border. So to navigate from a point in France to a destination in Spain would require that you know which border crossing you will be using. You would then navigate to the France/Spain border using the France Mapset, swap Maps and navigate from the border to your destination.

And just to throw a fly into the appointment, TTNav3 is to be announced at CeBit in March and it is heavily rumoured that cross border routing will be available in this version.

There are other products that can route across borders such as Destinator but that has a whole load of issues best avoided Confused
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<< is also wishing for cross border route planing in TTN3 i have asked tomtom about this, and received a reply advising they had passed on my comments to software developers (bet they say this to everyone) Laughing

Cheers
Nick
Copilotadvice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, CoPilot Live also supports cross-border routing, with he ability to plan and run routes either on PPC or desktop. It doesn't suffer from issues Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: